Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - URL Being Constantly Changed When Scrolling Through Forum Posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Level: 163

I can't seem to reproduce this, but sometime this morning/yesterday evening, I was scrolling down a forum post, then decided to go back to my quiz by pressing the back arrow on msedge/alt+left arrow. I had to do this several times, as the page URL had been modified multiple times when I was scrolling through the post, probably to keep track of the position on the page I had scrolled to.

Perhaps session cookies have already been implemented on most types of forum pages, but there is an exception? Or maybe this morning the change to using cookies to store the position on the page was made?

I'm not entirely sure if using cookies is the best solution in this case, but anything that wouldn't require the URL to be constantly changed would be extremely helpful!

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

There is no intentional changing of the urls on forum posts, except when changing to a new page (if the post is longer than one page).

It doesn't maintain scroll or mouse position, just the page. If you are able to replicate anything aside from what I described, definitely give me a set of steps to look into :)

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana