Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums -

This topic is tied to the below grammar expression in the grammar library.
てやる
1. Do B for someone (below you)
  こと     やる  
I'll tell you a secret.
Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

Diamondrock
Level: 1
Model sentence #1 has no English translation.
15 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
Fixed, thanks!
15 years ago
Report Content
adkadar
Level: 5
The users gave examples that are not consistent with the suggested construction.
The noun should be followed by に, not を, no?

I know that in the spoken form, my Japanese friends commonly use を instead of に but actually it's grammatically incorrect(?). CMIIW.
5 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1267
I checked my "Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar", in which Vてやる is incorporated into the item for Vてあげる (as Vてやる is used if one is of a higher position). In all example sentences they provide for this を is the particle used.

Also crosschecking here: https://jlptsensei.com/learn-j... None of the てやる example sentences use に (but rather を, も, or no particle at all).

Of course as I might just be overlooking something as well, but what I found so far supports how it is presented here on renshuu.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana