Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums -

This topic is tied to the below grammar expression in the grammar library.
にしても
1. Even for A; In the case of A as well
The statement which follows this is often something that exceeds the expectations of A.
あなた  おっしゃる こと            やはり あなた          
Even given what you say, I still think you are to blame.
Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

mysticfive
Level: 1599
what about using verbs? One of my resources has a sample reading どんなくにしても6までかねばならない。
Also, why are there two sentences for だけじゃなくて (one of mine included, which I didn't post here) listed?
14 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261
Added the verb form.
As for the sentences, I have no idea why they're here. I looked at an earlier snapshot of the sentences, and they were still with this grammar expression when it was part of another page (that recently got split), although that page didn't have だけじゃなくて either.

Mind rewriting the sentence? :)
14 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
I went to edit the sentence, and it's not credited to me somehow - it shows my avatar etc, but it's not listed under 'my sentences' and I can't edit it...
14 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Weird. Well, I deleted it for you since you added in the new one. Here it is in case you want to post it up on the だけ page.
「そのブランドはだけじゃなくて,アメリカにしたってってるんだ。」
That brand isn't sold only in Japan, but in America too.
14 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
...now the new one isn't being credited...
14 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
The new one on this page?
14 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
yeah
14 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Sorry about that - it looks to be fixed now. Let me know if it happens on any other pages!
14 years ago
Report Content
Level: 1
adjectives- くしても?
14 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Checked and added!
14 years ago
Report Content
まさむね123
Level: 1
Can this construction Aい-adjective - い + く +しても be changed to Aい-adjective - い + にしても? I've seen entries where both were used.

いにしてもいにしても、わざるをない

and

もうちょっとくしてもらえますか。
Could you make this a little cheaper?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
You are right about the first, and I have made the correction, thank you.

As to the second, that is a different expression - the も there is not the particle, but もらえる.
https://www.renshuu.org/gramma...
5 years ago
Report Content
jamtape
Level: 199

I've checked with a Japanese friend of mine that tutors and this is what she said about the differences between 「にしても」and「にしては」. Thought it might be interesting and add may add some more context. I'll also drop this post on the entry for 「にしては」.

"A にしては、Xです。”, X is different from the expectation (typically the opposite of the expectation)

"A にしても、 Xです。", X is higher than expected (typically, the opposite of the expectation). There is a difference that it is used for (more than expected), although it does not contradict the expectation.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I found similar information here! https://www.alc.co.jp/jpn/arti...

I will add a section discussing this, thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana