Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Multiple choice or fill in the blanks?

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

ssnho
Level: 7
Hello! Just curious to know which method do you use most in quizzes? Multiple choice or fill in the blanks? I think multiple choice is quicker. Fill in the blanks is a more like a "real test" of memory...
11 years ago
Report Content
Level:
I use both, although multiple choice seems to come up more. Fill in the blank is the hardest for me on kanji quizzes, I often mistakenly reverse the kunyomi/onyomi readings for certain kanji.
11 years ago
Report Content
Natsu
Level: 8
i use fill in the blanks for the ones i am confident in. multiple for the harder quizzes i do. multiple is also quicker and i have lots of quizzes to go through T_T
11 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Level: 1573
I use multiple choice only when I'm using the mobile site (switching my phone's keyboard into Japanese is a pain, for one, and I'm usually pressed for time anyway if I'm quizzing mobile!), but fill in the blank on the regular site, better for ensuring I've got the terms down!
11 years ago
Report Content
GodlyDan
Level: 1
[color=blue]I also use both, for vocab and kanji. Although fill in the blanks is the most useful one for me in the vocab quizzes, it also kills me when there are several words with similar meanings. Anyways being able to go through a series of fill in the blanks questions makes me feel like I really learned something. [color=red](゜∀゜)[/color] [/color]
11 years ago
Report Content
Natsu
Level: 8
[quote author=mysticfive link=topic_id=5528&post_id=27708#rmsg_27708 date=1358053136]I use multiple choice only when I'm using the mobile site (switching my phone's keyboard into Japanese is a pain, for one, and I'm usually pressed for time anyway if I'm quizzing mobile!), but fill in the blank on the regular site, better for ensuring I've got the terms down![/quote] Exactly the same here. Its troublesome to try and type on mobile when switching to japanese keyboard... It doesnt bother me anyway as I spend more time on the computer than on my phone. [quote author=GodlyDan link=topic_id=5528&post_id=27709#rmsg_27709 date=1358053440][color=blue]I also use both, for vocab and kanji. Although fill in the blanks is the most useful one for me in the vocab quizzes, it also kills me when there are several words with similar meanings. Anyways being able to go through a series of fill in the blanks questions makes me feel like I really learned something. [color=red](゜∀゜)[/color] [/color][/quote] Definitely. You get a sense that you are forced to try and recall when doing fill in the blanks and it is good that way. But I wouldnt want to do fill in the blanks for all my quizzes though as it would take me even longer to complete. Blame myself for trying to learn so much xD
11 years ago
Report Content
egw
Level: 49

Sorry to hijack this (old) thread, but I have a question related to this. How do I make the quizzes all multiple-choice, instead of a mix of multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank. I used to have it set that way, but it seems to have changed recently. I'm not sure if it's something I did, or if it just changed itself. Of course, fill-in-the-blank is a better way to study, but it just takes way too long, and I find myself giving up half-way through a quiz when it tells me to enter a different answer 3 times on every question. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
First, I'd jump into beta if you can through the Help menu. I have made a few fixes where the site was forgetting your quiz settings.

If you are doing mastery schedules, click the settings (gears) icon on the schedule summary page for options. Similarly, for lessons in the study library, when you click Study, a settings window will pop up. click the settings (gears) icon and turn on or off any question type you'd like.
6 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana