Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Suggestion for kanji quizzes

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

マドゥリ
Level: 1
For a fill in the blank question, it says to 'type in all onyomi and kunyomi readings you know'. However it is not actually necessary to do this. Even if I know 3 readings and type in only one, the site still accepts my answer as correct. It often happens that because of this, I miss out on practising some less common readings. For example, for the kanji I have studied the kunyomi readings つよ(い) as well as し(いる), but the latter is one that I don't immediately remember. Is it possible to have a system where if the site knows that I have studied a particular reading yet haven't entered it, it reminds me to enter ALL the readings?
9 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
It's definitely something I can consider adding in a future release! I'm going to move this thread to the Features forum.
9 years ago
Report Content
マドゥリ
Level: 1

May I bump up this old feature request? I still require it as much as ever sweatdrop.gif

6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll try to take a look at this soon :)

6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
This has been added, but I (for now) will only turn it on for users who'd like to test it. Drop me a msg in this thread if you are interested!
6 years ago
Report Content
ターラ
Level: 39
I'd love to try this feature if the offer is still open? Since I know I can get away with the easy answer I don't always push myself to think of others...
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Added!
5 years ago
Report Content
SarahMichiru
Level: 342

I'd like to request the feature of having quizzes detect if you're on a computer or mobile device for when it comes to drawing kanji in quizzes. With Pro, you can draw the kanji as part of a quiz, but with a computer it's difficult to do so with a mouse. What if, instead, you had to indicate the stroke order when quizzing on a computer?

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the suggestion! Because those are different study vectors, your schedules would get messy (both visually and on the back-end) if what you studied changed depending on where you were, especially if you are also studying stroke orders separately.

I completely see where you are coming from, but if writing questions were not given (via a setting) on desktop, you'd begin to have diverging "how much you need to study" numbers depending on where you are logging in, which would cause user confusion.

I will think on this, as it's definitely something that could be improved. I can tell you, though, what other users do - they duplicate their kanji schedules (via the Manage your schedules link), then make one the schedules Writing only. That way, they can study their kanji normally in their main schedule (regardless of where they are), and then go after the Writing if/when they are on mobile.

Hope this helps!

1 year ago
Report Content

Small aside: If you want to practice writing on your PC, you can add a trackpad peripheral for a relatively small amount of money. You won’t be able to see what you write where you are writing it, of course, but some people are able to get used to that.

1 year ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1199

Small aside: If you want to practice writing on your PC, you can add a trackpad peripheral for a relatively small amount of money. You won’t be able to see what you write where you are writing it, of course, but some people are able to get used to that.

Similar to this, I use a cheap (<$100) drawing tablet. I would definitely recommend it.

1 year ago
Report Content

I have to confess ignorance. What’s the difference between a trackpad and a drawing tablet?

1 year ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1199

I have to confess ignorance. What’s the difference between a trackpad and a drawing tablet?

My understanding is (I'm no expert): a drawing tablet uses a stylus (pen) while a track pad you use your finger

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana