Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [TESTING IN BETA] Mnemonics

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

フラン
Level: 1
Any thoughts on adding a facility to add mnemonics? I find it essential on Wanikani and Memrise. I'd like to ditch Memrise completely and just use Renshuu for vocab, but I do find the Mnemonics useful. I also like the way you can add your own or use one already added.
7 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
Something similar to that has been requested in the past, and it's something I'd like to consider for the next revision.
7 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Putting this out for general discussion - I plan on having this up sooner than later!

https://www.renshuu.org/forums...
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Currently only available in the kanji dictionary!
j3z65jnm2nndivaz67b2cp034.pngtza8gheqy5t48m445bgtsavxw.pngfo2dosy4eiebo0txm03tnpgz3.png
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Level: 31
Looking forward to the extension into vocab dic.
I really like this and I started adding my semi-nonsensical sentences, and running into Karlla's which are helpful. And here's a thought:
The mnemonics mix the meaning and the parts. For , it's
birds gathering on the trees.
I didn't know that bit was bird, but it will be useful, I guess.
But could the meanings and the parts stand out? Colour, underlining, or just bold/italic?
That's a short sentence with only 3 key words, but it gets longer. My sentence for :
"Organising a thread  into a weave makes as much noise  as a halberd  (watch 3 seconds of a video of a weaving machine in action to remember it's really noisy)"
Could there be a wiki type code with apostrophes to get bold and italic? Or better, bold and underlined (only italic here) ...
To get maybe:
Organising a thread  into a weave makes as much noise  as a halberd  (watch 3 seconds of a video of a weaving machine in action to remember it's really noisy)
And maybe a possible parenthesis on the next line for a mnemonic to the mnemonic, as in my example?
Should I add that halberds mostly make noise when you start thrusting them into people and they scream (good thing GOT is over, it got me some twisted thoughts...)
Karlla's in bold/italic:
birds gathering on the trees.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Added some toys to the mnemonic maker, check it out!
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Level: 31
I like it. My sentences for   are probably too nonsensical to help anyone else, but now they look easier to remember and understand (for me).
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana