Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Electronic Dictionary for Android

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

How7213
Level: 193

Can anybody suggest a good electronic dictionary that will run on Android? I'm currently running IMI but I find the functionality pretty poor, particularly because you can't draw a kanji into the dictionary and other kanji recognition apps don't seem to be compatible with it. I was using one called 'kabuto' which linked well to 'kanji draw' but kabuto was old and won't run on my more modern Android phone. Both use a Jim Breen dictionary anyway, I think. Any suggestions would be helpful, I'm that frustrated with IMI that I'm willing to spend the time learning how to use another dictionary! Thanks in advance for your help!

7 years ago
Report Content

I saw a thread on reddit that discussed this. Check this out https://www.reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/6f...

7 years ago
Report Content
How7213
Level: 193

Thanks for the tips. I'll have a try of a few and see which I like!

7 years ago
Report Content

We are pretty lucky these days. When I was studying I had to buy an electronic dictionary. TBH these days I'm just using the dictionary in renshuu.org but in the past I've just used jisho.org

7 years ago
Report Content
Level: 156

Jisho.org Android app for offline use but if I'm online, I mostly I use renshuu.org's or jisho.org's

7 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana