Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Improve Crossword Selection Page

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

McFluffington
Level: 1351
So every month new crossword puzzles are added to the page (good! :)) - however, if you didn't do all the puzzles every month or joined late you see all of the puzzles since 2011. It becomes a huge list with a tiny scrollbar.

With each month the puzzle list becomes more and more difficult to use, esp. for new users.

yq2ssxe5hx3eizbkxw40yh7hy.png

Could you (easily?) add some kind of filtering (month/year) or limit the number of displayed puzzles to a manageable amount?
6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
Let me think on it. I cannot guarantee that a change will be put in place for the current beta, but it does need to be more manageable. I need to do some analysis of how users do the crosswords as well. Specifically, how often does a user not finish a puzzle, continue to a new puzzle, then go back to the old one?

If most users are "finish until completion, then move on", it may be easier to approach it using the style of the new mastery schedule crossword puzzles. That is, only show one for any given category or style, then show another one when that one has been finished or discarded.

Would like to hear if anyone else has an opinion in the matter.
6 years ago
Report Content
sanjotb
Level: 223
I enjoy doing the crosswords, they certainly help me learn new words.
Would it be possible to put the crosswords in 'folders' starting with year, then month?  This would allow the list to be a bit more streamlined.
6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I made a small change as a start - everything from previous years are easily shown, but hidden by default.
6 years ago
Report Content
McFluffington
Level: 1351
Thanks, that's already a good improvement. :)
6 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
As a pro member one can see both the official and custom made puzzles. That's fine if you do a lot of puzzles.
I, for now, want to review previously unfinished puzzles from past years. But unlocking the older puzzles leaves me with an overwhelming number of puzzles and it's hard to find the ones I'm looking for.
Is it possible to add a feature (like a checkbox?) that allows me to only see the official puzzles?
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
By official, do you mean the ones available to all users?
4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
Exactly. The ones with the green star.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I'll try to get it in when I have a chance! Working on some hiragana/katakana scheduling for absolute beginners that arrive at the site.
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana