Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Sentence parser problems

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Page: 7 of 8

htatsuha
Level: 1144
I wrote a sentence with アニメ・エキスポ in it, and instead of ignoring the punctuation, the parser gives a dropdown with four words that have middle dot as their definition.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
It no longer pops up those defs, but even with that fix, you will still need to put parentheses around it to treat it as a single term.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
I just had the problem that といっても was labelled "unmatched" despite being in the dictionary.

Same forができる. Even if it is listed as る in the dictionary, the parser shuould be able to recognise it as the same term. (If typed in with kanji, the parser does acknowledge it, though.)

And another thing. ~ものです is merely the polite version of ~ものだ, which has a dict entry. I think the parser should be able to recognise after all.
Oh, and how can I parse ~ものではない appropriately, so that it makes sense?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
といっても and ものだ (plus variations) should work now. With the latter, it needed to be marked as as "です verb" so it could be conjugated. I did have to change it to ものです, but it'll pick up all variations of it.

With る, the site cannot parse mixed kanji terms (some kanji present, some not). This is unfortunately a non-trivial thing to fix, and I cannot devote the time (now, at least) to fix it.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
For some reason I cannot get なので to be parsed correctly. It is automatically changed to ナノで or labelled as unmatched even though the term exists in the dictionary.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Fixed!
4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
I did a word garden starting with なことに, and the parser only showed and as options for こと. I had to edit the sentence to change こと to to link it to the correct dictionary entry.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Try now please!
4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
It's fixed.
4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
The parser does not recognize トルコ, even when using parentheses, despite there being a dictionary entry for it.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Should be good now!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Thanks!
4 years ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 855

The pattern "[noun]では" always automatically parses では as one word instead of two particles, which is often incorrect, and many of the sentences for では in the dictionary have this error. Is it possible to get it to contextually suggest で & は separately instead of では when it follows a noun? (には has a similar problem, but I don't know that one well enough to know if there are obvious contexts where に & は is more likely to be correct than には.)

I also was unable to parse "めんどくさい" at all; the parser splits it into "めんどく" (which isn't in the dictionary?) & "さい". Entering "い" instead only brings up the "めんどくさい" reading of the word.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

I wrote a sentence ending with したいです, but it is impossible to parse it correctly as one phrase. By default is parsed separately from したい, even though the dictionary says is a noun/する verb, but the parser won't recognize it with parentheses around したい.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Both words should be better.

As to では, I'm not at a point where I can add in custom rules like that. Looks like I need to break out a bunch of sentences that have it, as you noted, but I will have to save that til later.

For now, I'm sorry, but please separate them with a space to force the correct parsing.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Thanks!
4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

I complained previously about です being the default recommendation for parsing だ, but now it's happening the other way around. I submitted a sentence ending in です, and the default recommendation is だ.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

By default ねなければならない gets split up into (ね)(なければならない), and the parser doesn't recognize it if I put parentheses around the whole thing.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The site, at least when I tried it, split it up after なければ. It does not have an entry for this combination yet, I believe.

4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1241

I am unable to get "らしました" matched by the sentence parser. I see this term [らす] in the dictionary, but the parser either tries to match them separately as and らしました or - if I put paranthesis around them - is defining it as "unmatched".

In case it is needed, the sentence I tried to match this vocab with is for the N5 grammar point ながら

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 7 of 8

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana