Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Kao Coin Holiday Contest! Win renshuu pro or real kao coin stickers!

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

Page: 2 of 3

shirokitsune
Level: 1023
I really want to participate in this event but I only have internet access on my phone right now.  I wonder if I can some how make it on my computer but send it via my phone...
5 years ago
Report Content
Level: 1
くちひげカオ
na2f78d7dimmvn4to334cxwbo.png
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
I really want to participate in this event but I only have internet access on my phone right now.  I wonder if I can some how make it on my computer but send it via my phone...
5 years ago
Report Content
sanjotb
Level: 223
hcd0sfnzn47qhq3ux4if8kufj.pngおかしカオ
5 years ago
Report Content
sanjotb
Love the ゆずカオ.  It is a shame that we cant give すき points to individual options!
いました.
When I wrote the comment, I was not meaning for scoring. I was disappointed that I could not give the great artists more than one suki point if they had created more than one image that I enjoyed.  I was just wanting to reward the amazing artwork and effort!
5 years ago
Report Content
かねカオ
b8k5cvpaedc7vptkzpjcybzcv.png
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
さん、けましておめでとうございます。

I have tons of ideas, but neither time nor patience enough to realise them all and I totally suck at digital art.
Since we just stepped into the year of the boar, I want to start with the contribution of 「いのしし カオ」as maybe the first coin of a zodiac series.

fjhxidc6q46ag8wy0keicave6.png Additionally I submit 「いぬ カオ」
0fcgw2askdwqqiiswitod4khj.png and「へび カオ」as parts of the series.
bqqcizhqwned7z8fwafrrdchb.png

Btw, is there a way to change the size of images in posts? I feel a little overwhelmed by their hugeness.^^
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Cannot change the size yet, I need to upgrade the way the forums handles images. Sorry!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Was easier than I thought, so fixed it up! They default to 400px wide, click to expand to full.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I thought more like resizing them to the degree where I can put like 2 images next to each other, but this is already much better. Thank you.

I've always been bothered by the 「けむしカオ」being hairless, so I'd like to give him a hairy brother.

jaxs2y5oe2rp7crufn4zthfdn.png

Then we need more cute animals like this 「ねこ カオ」. Also this might give some room for another series as in しろねこ・くろねこ・とらねこ・まねきねこ and so on.
kwapd3ay3wmit3aum4nvkuuq6.png
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
We already have あやめ・あさがお and some buds, so I'm sure there's some space for うめ・さくら and other flowers like tsubaki, wisteria, chrysanthemum etc. which are typical in Japan and even more western flowers like tulip, rose and the like.
Today I'd like to contribute 「もみじ カオ」to bring some autumn colours to the site。
m4s284phveqtipzkjk8bczyd3.png
With just green leaves it'd also pass for a more summerly 「かえで カオ」。And of course the japanese maple tree needs its brothers たけ and まつ.

For health improvement, we need more fruits like strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, banana, pineapple, kiwi etc. and veggies like cucumber, daikon, eggplant, potato and so on.
I put 「さくらんぼ カオ」on the table.
juxgkqgb627nbinz487vzvjpd.png

Since we already have a moon and a sun, we definitely need 「ほし かお」.
z0z4kf6se4m2yndfjxpmu6tee.png
Did you ever think of adding more planets so that Jupiter doesn't feel so lonely around here?

Btw, was it intentional that #53 and #93 are both called 「おにぎり カオ」, whereas #94 and #95 have an additional number tag?
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Okay, okay... sorry for spamming. But as I said I've got lots of ideas. This is my last contribution. I promise!

With Christmas just over I couldn't help thinking of 「プレゼント カオ」.
3srn54h528zbs4v26ys25n6xn.png
And to write all the we needed our trusted 「ふで カオ」.
ebd25wrzeqzaakr2b74dswrnp.png
As the year advances, time draws near for spring cleaning and then we'll take out the 「ほうき カオ」.
cg78rix5v4s0wzub3uiqi3c0c.png
And much farther into the year, in August, it'll be time for a little reward with this 「つきみだんご カオ」.
22xjt7adkp6r3yjvg26drix63.png

--- The End ---
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
@karlla - will take a look at the kao coin numbering when I get a chance!
5 years ago
Report Content
barbarbarian
I've really enjoyed seeing all of the submissions - some very creative ideas!  Keep up the good work everyone!

ytrju6k78ewsstcu77fytnmeq.png
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Oh, I like these. Do you have names/titles in mind for your coins?
My favourites are the emperor/shogun and the rice bowl. Although chopsticks in your rice bowl is real bad table manners, unless it's for a funeral. But that's what we do, right? lol
5 years ago
Report Content
barbarbarian
Thank you - they were fun to make!  Haha I had no idea about the chopstick etiquette.  Not sure how I feel about a rice bowl smiling at a funeral.  What's he so happy about?  Keep an eye on that rice bowl!

I actually just started studying Japanese so admittedly I don't have enough vocab under my belt to name them - unless I can just name them all .  ;)
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I See. Well, the girl could be おんなのこ or むすめ maybe, which simply means girl unless you have another idea what she's supposed to be.
The next one is obviously a パンダ.
Followed by a さむらい. But since we already have one, maybe はたもと (retainer) would also do.
Then we have a てんのう (emperor) or しょうぐん (general), depending on your preferences. おうじ (prince) may be another alternative.
The rice bowl is probably ごはん (cooked rice, meal).

I think you might simply give them English names for the time being. I'm pretty sure Michael can translate them for you. ^^
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Oh, I didn't know we already have an いのししカオ. That's soo cute.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Just for the record, I have no problem whatsoever with alternate versions of ones that already exist!
5 years ago
Report Content
sanjotb
hwvcgur7hkyrx53qmftcvzrap.png カオ。
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 2 of 3

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana