Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - How can I schedule verb conjugations lessons?

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

jamielin
Level: 17
I am a pro user. It doesn't seem to accept those lessons as schedule.
5 years ago
Report Content
gdartfow
Level: 1464
As far as I know, that's currently impossible. Michael said he was planning to add that option, though.
See, for instance, here: https://www.renshuu.org/forums/topics/7978/Adding_grammar_lessons_to_a_schedule
5 years ago
Report Content
jamielin
Thanks for the reply.
One of the reasons why I went pro was so that I could learn conjugations. If it only accepts JLPT learning only, it would be the same as BunPro features. BP is even better because it includes audio.
Note: I also have BunPro membership.
5 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1241
While you cannot create a schedule, you still do can practice conjugations on the study library->grammar page based on all verbs that you know on renshuu, verbs from a specific textbook or verbs from one of your schedules. It will not work the same way as your daily schedules asking for X reviews a day, but you can at least drill those various conjugations and start spacing those conjugation practices out based on how well you do.

You are not even limited to only do one type of conjugation but you can mix them up to fit what you want to learn by clicking "study multiple" and then select the conjugation types you want to drill. As mentioned, this will naturally not work the same as a regular schedule presenting you with a set amount of repetitions based on your performance the day(s) before but it nevertheless is still a way to cover this.

Another way to have a "conjugation" practice schedule would be to create your own private vocabularly lessons with the same verbs added multiple times with different conjugations. You can then put this private lesson into a schedule and if you are doing a definition->kana vector for this schedule renshuu will ask you for items like "to go; [...] conjugated to present polite".
Drawback here of course is that the vector you will be advancing is definition->kana and not "present polite"->kana, thus a correct response to "present polite" will indirectly also count as a correct response to any other conjugation you intended to cover for that given verb. So I would assume that this approach is even less desirable than doing the currently present conjugation practice items regularly and space out how often you do them based on how you felt you performed.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
@jamielin - thanks for trying out pro! If pro is not what you expected, I'd be happy to refund you! I do hope to add those in the future, but I'm not quite there yet.
5 years ago
Report Content
jamielin
I don't want a refund. I like this site and even thinking to be a lifetime user when it is implemented.
I'm sure a lot of people would like this to be included too.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Let me ask you this, then. Currently, the schedule system works on "units" of study, whether that is a vocab word, a kanji character, or a grammar expression.

With conjugations, what would you ideally consider as a unit of study?

I see two possible answers:

1)a single conjugation (for example, past polite). In this case, a question for this could be one of any of the verb endings (る、う、く,etc). However, it would not, under the current system, require you to correctly answer every verb ending correctly. It would prompt for one (chosen at random).

2)a single conjugation + verb ending (example: past polite for verbs ending in  す)  
5 years ago
Report Content
jamielin
I think it would fit as a vocab words, and would be perfect if it's divided into N5, N4, etc.
What I'm struggling now is getting the correct conjugations for verbs in order to reproduce sentences, for example te-form. 

An example:
to wash: う → って

BunPro has some of these verb conjugations, but unfortunately it doesn't exclusively add them to their grammar points. 
Just inputing the hiragana would be great, no need to add multiple choices so I think it would be faster to add to the database. It would be cool if the verb conjugations also fit into grammar sentences.

I can study manually using google for example going to this site: http://www.japaneseverbconjuga...
But it's too much work and like to have them into this site instead and utilize SRS too to enforce the memorization. I can add them to Anki too, but I hate using it. I would need to add them manually one by one. And that's why I'm a paid WaniKani user too.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Thanks for the comments! I cannot promise a precise timeframe for this, but I will get it in when I can!
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana