Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Renshuu's dictionary

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

gdartfow
Level: 1490
I was just wondering, which base dictionary does Renshuu use?
I always assumed it was Jim Breen's EDICT, but lately I've found several entries present there, but not here (for example and )...
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
edict is the base, but a lot has been added to it, one-by-one, over the years.
5 years ago
Report Content
gdartfow
I see. So these must be newer entries, then.
Are there any plans to sync the two (by that I mean just to add the new words from it, not to overwrite any corrected definitions; that would open up a whole can of worms) or is it preferable to manually add them?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I did a sync ...about two months ago, I believe! I'm not sure if those were in there at the time, or if there was an issue with the importer. I'll take a look at some point!
5 years ago
Report Content
gdartfow
Have you had a chance to look into this?
I've found じゅつぜん is listed as (as a unique reading?), instead of , as it is in EDICT.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Not yet, sorry! Soon, hopefully. Would be nice to get this wrapped in with the end of beta this month.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Just added a HUGE batch of words from the EDICT. The previous sync was a definition update only, not a new word update, so this is covering a fairly large timespan. There are a very small subset of words that I'll have to go and verify by hand because they are conflicting with words already in the dictionary (which did not originate from EDICT), so it cannot be automated. It's a tiny list, though, so priority for it is not high.

Now that I have a fairly clean system for the merging and updating, this will be done periodically from here on out.
5 years ago
Report Content
gdartfow
Wow, thanks!
I've been wanting to dabble a bit with yojijukugo, but kept running into ones that were in EDICT but not here.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana