Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Kanji mnemonics - feature discussion

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Page: 2 of 2

マイコー
Level: 256
Strange. Even that being said, the software itself usually acts the same. So privacy mode made no difference?

Also, renshuu is reliant on the "piece" data from external sources. I have two, and neither of them choose to show it as a whole, but rather as the components for . There's not much that can be done except to manually add them as they come up. I am not sure how many terms will have issues like this.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
I'm a computer blockhead. Although I managed to go incognito on my mobile, I have no clue how to do that on desktop. My husband has never heard of it either. So I have no idea, if it makes any difference or not. :(
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Level: 31
did you try shift+ctrl+N?
There should also be "open new incognito window" in Firefox' menu.
5 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1242
I believe shift+ctrl+N is for chrome. Checking my Firefox installation it is rather shift+ctrl+P (or right-clicking the icon in the taskbar -> new private window -- Firefox is calling incognito mode "Private Browsing" if this helps).

Regarding Mnemonics: I like them! But did not yet find the time to play around with this feature, unfortunately..
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Thanks for your help. It's shift+ctrl+P for firefox.

@マイコー  It looks just the same in incognito mode.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I noticed, that has the same problem as the previously mentioned . However, after a little digging I learned that is just a simplified version of which is a combination and the phono-semantic , giving it the meaning of "light emitting bug". Unfortunately, neither of the kanji offers that grapheme which makes the creation of a sensible mnemonic rather difficult.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
So, I have good news and bad news. Good news is that I found the bug. Bad news is that it is tied specifically to Windows 7 and Firefox (has nothing to do with renshuu). Basically, if the font size of the OS is set to anything other the 100%, it can make border widths crazy on elements in web pages =/.

That's a tricky kanji - maybe someone else can come up with something crazy, but fitting.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
It doesn't really matter to me. Since I don't know what I'm missing out on, I doesn't bother me. Eventually I'll have to switch to another windows version anyways.

I'm afraid there will be many more kanji sharing the same difficulty. Technically all those katakana appearing as kanji parts have a very different origin. When the original graphemes where simplified to resemble katakana, part of the meaning embedded into these kanji has been obscured or lost altogether. From todays viewpoint it becomes very dificult to understand the original message conveyed through a kanji. It's kinda sad...
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
This is not exactly related to mnemonics. In the dictionary, when searching for kanji by parts, some parts seem to be missing. E.g. I cannot find さんずい, but choosing instead doesn't produce results using さんずい. れんが also doesn't seem to exist, but again doesn't deliver results using れんが. Since they are both radicals, they should have a place in the list. Or did I miss something and radicals are generally not listed there, because they can be found elsewhere?

And something else just occured.
Mnemonics I added today look rather strange in the writing section of the dashboard. Plus the underlines are missing. Clicking the pen icon and saving the sentence again (without alteration) makes them show up normally.

eaiv4qdxr7ke7w5smnrobv6pu.jpg
This also affects mnemonics I just edited. When saving them, they look normal at first. But after reloading the page, they show up as shown above. And the colours are also all haywire.

0cjcy0krccrvhjuw6rmxcdj60.jpg
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
When writing a mnemonic, trying to edit it while still in the dictionary, doesn't work. The pop-up won't open. All I get is this message "We're getting what you asked for..".
It works fine in the writings section of the dashboard.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Sorry, didn't see the previous edit. The formatting should be fixed. The edit just after writing one should also be fixed.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Thanks. Did you change the order of the colours again? I have now pink and purple together. 
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Not..intentionally. Let's see if it looks better now.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Looks better now. Thanks
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I have 2 or 3 private mnemonics. How can I distinguish them from the public ones? At some point I might want to make them public, but for that I need to find them first.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Private ones have a lock on them now.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Perfect. Thanks.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Today for some reason, when saving a mnemonic in the dictionary, I get a message "something went wrong". The mnemonic is saved none the less, but you have to reload to see it.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I saw that, and it is already fixed! Thanks for the report.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 2 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana