Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Marcus's Translation Board

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese

|マルコ|
Level: 110
I had this idea, basically I will take an NHK article and paste it here, attempt a translation of it, and then everyone is free (and invited!) to correct my translation, so the end resoult will be a side-by-side (sadly not really side by side, more like one on top and one on bottom) version of the same text both in english and japanese, a valuable resource for any bilingual speaker and japanese or english learners.

Well, probably it will start and end with just one article, a forum post like this is not the best tool for this, this would require something like lang-8 highlight and edit tools, maybe the ability to put the single sentences in the text and my translation side by side, probably an interface noone has ever created before and access to the single english-japanese posts from the site's dictionary, as if they where very long sentences.
But this site would be the perfect library for english-japanese bilingual material like this that extends beyond simple few line sentences, so in the hope this will sparks the Admin's mind to improve the site in that direction, I'll give it a try anyway xD

Final word of advice: my translation are bad and often plain wrong, so bear with me and help me please :P

Original Article:

を「
2019522 1832

にあるが、アメリカ使っているにもかかわらず、するなど、12のメニューで使っているなるっていたとして、は、このするに、などをじるようしました。

けたのは 宿がありする「ダイナック」です。

によりますと、このする「ダイナミックキッチン&バー 」おで、おととし11から9か、アメリカ使っているにもかかわらず、のメニューには鹿していたということです。

このほか、カナダするなど12のメニューで、使っているなるっていたということです。

は22、これらのしているとして、このするに、じることや、じようなわないことなどをめるしました。

ダイナックは「ごをおかけしたことをくおわびげます。(しんし)にめ、し、めていきます」としています。
Translation: (feel free to correct the text below)

Tokyo - restaurant ordered preventive measures, America's beef missrepresented as "Japanese Black"
2019522 1832

Restaurants on the Tokyo harbour district where serving America's beef despite presenting it as "Japanese Black", because 12 menus whose dishes true ingredients differed from what was showed in the menu employed this inappropriate practice, the Tokyo Metropolis seems to have ordered the companies managing this stores to take preventive measures.

The one receiving the order was the headquarter of ダイナック located in the Shinjuku district, with restaurants all troughout the country.

According to Tokyo Metropolis the ダイナミックキッチン&バー in Odaiba run by this company kept since november of the year before last for aproximately 9 months displaying Kagoshima's Japanese black despite using America's beef.

Moreover 12 menus employed the inappropriate practice of missrepresenting Canada's pork as japanese pork.

The 22 Tokyo Metropolis issued an ordered to the companies responsible for this restaurants demanding preventive measures and to cease the false advertising which is in direct violation of the "act against unjustifiable premiums and misleading representations".

ダイナック replied they are deeply sorry for the inconvenience and that they will strenghten the management system and controls.
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
q88stb3tm6ezqsv6jyhb6mkrq.jpg

ロボット” めて

2019524 1806

したコンビナートなどづけないのロボットがしてたるシステムがめて、されました。

ではし、づいてできなかったため10にわたってけました。

ロボットシステムはこうしたなどがしたもので、めてされて、24われました。

このシステムはなるのロボットでされています。

すると、まず「ドローンロボット」と「ロボット」がからしてし、けてづけるルートをります。

そのに「ロボット」がかい、きなどをしたうえでで1に4トンのってぐということです。

ロボットは500にもえられるため、してすることがされています。

ロボットシステムがされた「スクラムフォース」のは「しながらし、みたい」としていました。

Translation (suggest improvements for the translation below): 

ロボット” めて
"Fire-fighting robot" deployed for the first time in Ichihara, Chiba

For the first time a system of coordinated robots meant to deal with things like large scale fires in oil refineries and places deemed too dangerous for people to get near, was deployed at the Ichihara's firefight department, in Chiba Prefecture.

8 years ago during the "Great Eastern Japan Earthquake" a fire broke in one of Ichihara oil refinery, due to the fire-fighting squad unable to get near and extinguish it, it kept on burning for 10 days.

ロボットシステムはこうしたなどがしたもので、めてされて、24われました。

With that lesson in mind, the fire-fighting robot system was brought forth by the "Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications", "Fire and Disasters Management Agency" and others, deployed for the first time at the fire department in Ichihara, the inauguration ceremony for this new force was held the 24th.

このシステムはなるのロボットでされています。

This new system is made of several robots with different roles.

When a large scale fire breaks, first the "Drone type robot"and "Scout robot" locate the places that require fire-fighting intervention by verifying the situation from both the sky and the grounds, searching for a route to it around possible obstacles.

Based on that informations and taking into consideration things like wind direction, the "Spray robot" will prevent further spread of the fire by facing the target location and releasing at max 4 tons of water in 1 minute.

ロボットは500にもえられるため、してすることがされています

The Spray robot can withstand temperature up to 500 degrees, thus is expected to be able to get near the source of the fire and operate effectively.

Ichihara's fire department special equipment platoon "Scram Force" 's Commanding officer said he wants to work hard on reducing damages while ensuring a quick dispatchment of the fire and troops safety.
5 years ago
Report Content
まさむね123
Level: 1
wow, JLPT n3 and you can already translate most of these. Are you above N3? 
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
wow, JLPT n3 and you can already translate most of these. Are you above N3? 
Ah, don't mind that, is not updated, also I only used it to show what vocab pack I was reviewing here on renshuu at the time (the JLPT 3 pack)
Never took JLPT tests so I really can't tell where I am at :S
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
@MarcusAseth Tried my hands on this. What do you think?
I can't figure out the guy's name for the death of me. TangoRisto also gives odd furigana. I wonder if that's a typo or something...

ロボット” めて
Ichihara, Chiba: "Fire-fighting robot" deployed for the first time in Japan

For the first time in Japan, a system of coordinated robots designed to extinguish fires in places deemed too dangerous for people to go near, such as large scale fires in oil refinieries, was deployed at the fire department in Ichihara, Chiba.

8 years ago during the "Great East Japan Earthquake" a fire broke out in Ichihara's oil refinery and, due to the fire-fighting squad being unable to
get near and extinguish it, kept on burning for 10 days.

ロボットシステムはこうしたなどがしたもので、めてされて、24われました

With that lesson in mind, the fire-fighting robot system was developed by the "Fire and Disasters Management Agency" (in/of the "Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications"). Deployed for the first time in Japan at the Ichihara City Fire Department, the inauguration ceremony for this new
force was held on 24th.

このシステムはなるのロボットでされています。

This system is composed of several robots with different roles.

When a large scale fire breaks out, first a "drone type robot" and a "scouting robot" validate the situation from above and below to locate the places that require fire-fighting measures and search for a route to reach the destination avoiding obstacles.

Based on that information a "spray robot" heads towards the scene. Taking things like wind direction into account, it will prevent the fire from spreading by releasing a maximum of 4 tons of water per minute.

ロボットは500にもえられるため、してすることがされています。

The spray robot can withstand temperatures up to 500°C, thus is expected to approach the origin of the fire and operate
effectively.

Ichihara's fire department special equipment platoon "Scram Force" 's commanding officer Satô said he wants to work hard on damage reduction and swift coordination while ensuring the safety of the troops.
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
@MarcusAseth Tried my hands on this. What do you think?
Sounds better than my attempt, I like it, especially because I got a reason to read the whole article again and see how many vocabs I remember one day later without the dictionary help :D
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana