Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Introducing known words in a schedule

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Page: 1 of 2

Nicolas2
Level: 31
At the beginning of a schedule review, if there are new words, I can indicate if I already know these words a bit, well, or very well. That's great, but then this word is replaced, in the same slot, by a second word, and if I know this word too, I can't indicate it. It would be great if we could also indicate the second word as known.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261
Really?!? Let me look into it!!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
  1. I tried to replicate this and was unable to. Can you answer the following questions?
    What type of schedule was it?
  2. How exactly are you marking it as known? (Which button)
  3. When the next one comes up, what exactly is happening when you try to push the button? Doesn't vanish? Vanishes, but nothing new appears?
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Right now, on my Studypad schedule, made of my private lesson studypad: I indicated i know a bit, it was replaced by り, which doesn't disappear when I tap on "a bit" or "well".
... I didn't dovthe schedule yet, reloaded, of course り was here again, this time I could ckick "a bit", but not the next one. I guess I can reload the page whenever this problem occurs.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Sorry for the delay. If I asked about your browser's javascript console, would you know what I'm talking about? If so, I want you to look for something. If not, we can try something else.
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
It doesn't look like any Android browser offers the JS console. I found tutorials to see the phone's browser's JS console from the comp, so I guess I can do it (and it's about time I backup some stuff on the comp anyway), but if you have another solution...
Next time it happens, I'll reload the page and see if it solves the problem. My schedules got too bit so I drastically reduced the rate of introduction of new words and kanjis, until they're back to manageable sizes.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Ah yes, getting to the console on android is a HUGE pain. Let me email you something.
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
I'll resume quizzing new words, tomorrow (saturday), and the last words I added to the list are known words, for most, so this problem will happen again. I hope I can take the opportunity to identify the problem (which is very possibly a kranky browser). Do you have an idea that doesn't involve huge pain?
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
I just added several known kanjis, at the beginning of the quiz, and it worked fine. I'll see tomorrow for new vocab.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Did you see that link to console.re that I sent you? Just open that up when you go to that page, and if the error occurs, see if anything has popped up on that page, and if so, email it to me. Pretty painless :)
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
No, I didn't receive it, not even in the spam folder. Seems simple indeed!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Resent!
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Nothing appeared in the console, although it happened again.
b2m42qh60qoxkrzxaci2gdx72.jpg
So you know it happens only for words, not kanji, and that the issue is after the "well" gets underlined. Workaround: start the quiz, stop before answering about the known word, restart.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Just to check, about how many terms to you think you are moving out of the quiz before this happens?
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
in any of the slot, I can remove one word, but the next one won't budge. Say the quiz introduces 5 new words. I can say that I know #1, #3, #5. But the new words that come into the same slots in the page won't budge.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I simply cannot replicate it to save my life.

Since it sounds like it is coming up pretty consistently, do you mind if I go in and toggle a few of the terms on your schedule? I will reset them to unknown immediately afterwards so there is no permanent data change to your study stuff.

Also, although I cannot imagine why this would matter, just to be sure, what device/browser are you experiencing this on? I'd like to match your environment as much as possible.
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Sure.
Galaxy A7 (Android 9), browser is Yandex.browser 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
To narrow it down, I can try and compare with Chrome, but Yandex is a Chrome spin-off https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/... so it's unlikely there will be a difference?
Or I can reinstall Firefox and try on FF.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Well, I tried three terms:

(well) > (well) > (very well), and each one disappeared with the next one appearing. (All three reset to unknown)

Could you please try FF and see if that creates the same issue?
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
I'll try that tomorrow.
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
No difference on this on Firefox, and nothing appeared on the console.
wjrojqyurpucd3dvmv0u3pvdk.jpg "a bit" got underlined, but it didn't go further. So the problem is with an up-to-date SG A7, not the browser.
I noticed interesting differences, though. With Firefox I discovered that the mobile version of the dictionary is also meant to show the lattest searches, this is nice. Not sure it's enough for me to switch to FF as main browser.
Also, I tried to find this thread using your search tool: on Firefox, I couldn't select the "title" tick box, or the radio buttons below..
Of course, searching "introducing" from my usual browser and ticking the right things didn't help because more or less recent threads do not appear in the results, it seems (and if that's related to your SEO, it kind of matters).
Unrelated, but I finally discovered it is possible to search for kanjis by their parts. This is nice. Suggestion: when a smartphone user uses the cog to make a complex search, then presses "search": roll-up the filter window to show that some results appeared below it? This could also be helpful with the word search... The other possibility could be to colour-reverse the cog to make it obcious one has to re-clixk to see below it. Until today I thought, I don't know, that these kanji filter are a function you had started to work on but aren't implemented yet.
I know, this sounds really dumb, but here's the screen displaying all the kanjis containing
tioviuroaaqi32zf85jy8e4fc.jpg
Where is Waldo?
Also, maybe add a new "Hint": "if you want to find a kanji by its component parts, JLPT level, school grade level, learning status, click the "cog" button next to the "search" button", and display this hint the first time one uses the kanji dic? (Including current users who haven't seen this hint, there could be one more klutz who uses a different dictionary when searching kanjis by its parts).

5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana