Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Words doubled in the dictionary

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Page: 11 of 16

マイコー
Level: 260

The あたま/かしら should not be mixed. They ARE part of the same entry in the original dictionary, but they should only be grouped if they share the same definition (jisho.org handles this somewhat differently, where they are listed together, and the definitions are intermingled).

This should be working now.

, <- this actually doesn't exist in the JMDict (base dictionary) presently. due to the original data import issue, there are a small but non-zero number of terms that were originally part of JMDict, added, and subsequently removed (but not from renshuu). This will, at a later stage, required going through them one-by-one. Due to the frequency of them, though, it is not considered a priority. It needs to be done, though!

1 year ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1195

In the kanji dictionary under I found these 4 under あい

5b48207611ffb99d3805ec895db97ce8cf36f6d63b0ee12c.jpg
1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

You see that little pencil edit icon to the right side? That means those are custom terms on your acct.

1 year ago
Report Content
You see that little pencil edit icon to the right side? That means those are custom terms on your acct. kao_yoroshiku.png

⁉️ I thought the pencils meant that no example sentences exist yet. Besides, I have all four entries myself.

e4b6e2e74ad3c0e4bba692924151a559daee707cd3cda2bb.jpg

1 year ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
You see that little pencil edit icon to the right side? That means those are custom terms on your acct. kao_yoroshiku.png

I'm confused, because I'm reasonably certain that I never added those as custom terms, and I see those pencils for all terms without sentences. How do I go about eliminating the 3 extra terms ?

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Ok, maybe I was wrong, sorry about that! I see the issue now, and it should be fixed.

1 year ago
Report Content
stupidguy
Level: 182

い/うまい (unless sense 3, "good", doesn't apply to い)

9238ff39805173f83ccd90b9cf46905daaa4cec8b9fdf884.png
1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Should look better - and I'll remove the image from the first one. They are separated out in the dictionary because the definitions do not overlap (although I did update the def for #1)

1 year ago
Report Content
Anonymous123

In the kanji dictionary, I found these 5 under for なが.

5b5858478fabbf7b8c11347692e8f9d0d6e0377371ea4cd8.png

This seems similar to the 4 duplicates found previously. I wonder if there is a more general issue with terms that only consisting of the same kanji twice ?

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Quite possible - I'll try to check it out (I fixed this one, just in general) in more detail the next time my work revolves back to the dictionary.

1 year ago
Report Content
Level: 163

Both きれい and "beautiful" exist multiple times

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Can you show me a screenshot?

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

In the kanji dictionary, I found these 5 under for なが.

5b5858478fabbf7b8c11347692e8f9d0d6e0377371ea4cd8.png

This seems similar to the 4 duplicates found previously. I wonder if there is a more general issue with terms that only consisting of the same kanji twice ?

I was able to track down the rest of these - they all seemed to come in from the same import period, and have been removed.

1 year ago
Report Content
ジェン~1984
Level: 527

New game, find the differences...(sorry for the filter), but I think has a double too.

1 year ago
Report Content
gdartfow
Level: 1484

New game, find the differences...(sorry for the filter), but I think has a double too.

I think that might just be a limitation of your font. They do look different on my screen:

They are: (unicode 5ECA) and (unicode F928).

1 year ago
Report Content

Ugh. What a nuisance! Apparently you need special fonts to support “variation selectors,” whatever they are.

1 year ago
Report Content
ジェン~1984

Ohww, thanks. Well that does explain it indeed. To me they look indeed the same. The meaning isn't that different either. Just that one line turns the coridor in a possible veranda instead of a tower. But thanks for getting back on it. I'm not sure how those special fonts work. Even on my keyboard they looked exactly the same and I have a simeji keyboard on my phone. I'm afraid this problem will persist unless I learn to write it.

1 year ago
Report Content
ジェン~1984

This is getting annoying. Anyone any ideas on how to let these special characters appear on an Android? These are the characters: for gentleman and for soil.

1 year ago
Report Content
stupidguy
Level: 182

how to let these special characters appear on an Android?

I don't know how other than to install fonts that have entries/support for those characters. But I haven't messed with fonts on Android to recommend any.

FYI: and will always look similar, but I remember a dirt pile has a wide bottom (the bottom is wider) and the gentleman's got his arms out in a T-pose (the top is wider)

1 year ago
Report Content
ジェン~1984

Thanks. That was helpfull. I know Google only accepts it's own fonts, but I'm not sure that goes for Japanese too. I'll try and install the Japanese language pack. Maybe that works. But even my Simeji keyboard does not distinct the ones of my former post, so I have little hope it will help.

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 11 of 16

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana