Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - More options for word restrictions in verb conjugation quizzes

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

htatsuha
Level: 1144
I generally use the "Anything I've studied" option for which vocabulary appears in my verb conjugation grammar quizzes, but without further restrictions, it can result in some weird quiz questions. It would be nice if there were ways to limit which of the words studied could appear; in particular, I would like options to exclude user generated words (they often have the wrong verb type listed, which makes the "correct" answer a mystery) and irregular verbs (I'm fine with the standard ones like く, る, する, etc, but there are some pretty obscure one like ありる(ありうる) that also appear). Also, it would be cool if verbs that already contain the conjugation being quizzed didn't appear (for example, it makes no sense for compound verbs containing させる to appear in causative quizzes).
5 years ago
Report Content
じゅうり
Level: 1685
I agree completely. It keeps throwing very lengthy expressions during quizzes. Some of which are unquizzable due to weird spacing or already conjugated forms. 
My quizzes always seem to include already conjugated terms, where the system wants me to conjugate the conjugation.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
It doesn't save the setting from quiz to quiz (yet, I'd like to test it out first), but try the new checkbox at the bottom of the quiz settings box to disable user terms, and let me know how it works for you!
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
So, I haven't had time to test the new feature yet, but I thought I'd mention that the button to close the grammar quiz options had now been pushed off screen in Android:

ihmgho4j30wcdgx4ygfg7czaz.png
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
I tried to trim it down a bit, but you should still be able to slide the box up and down?
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Ah, I didn't know that was possible. Thanks for letting me know!
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
I'm not seeing any user made terms popping up, so it looks like that feature works.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana