Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Renshuu.org meetup in Tokyo! (September 14th, Saturday)

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

マイコー
Level: 261
Hey everyone! It's been five years, but I think it's time for another renshuu.org meetup. Last time we met, it was for a meal and (for people interested) drinks somewhere in Tokyo. It was a small group of us, but a lot of fun!

Get a chance to meet us, grab some limited edition kao-chan stuff, and enjoy the end of the summer!

Date
: September 14th, Saturday - from 3:30PM until 10PM (broken into parts, so come for any part you'd like!)

Part 1: 3:30-5:30 - Walkin and talkin

Meetup location: JR Harajuku Station (East exit)
This is the most open-ended part - we might have people come late, and we can adjust things based on what people want to do.
A - Walk through Yoyogi Park / Meiji Jingu
B - Window shopping in Harajuku

Part 2: 6:00-8:00 - Dinner

Meetup location: will be decided by September 5th (reservations will be made).
Taking requests for genres of food. Will not be doing a set meal or all-you-can-drink so no one is pressured into spending more money than they want to.

Part 3: 8:00-10:00 - Coffee and the Sky

Meetup location: In front of this mall: https://omohara.tokyu-plaza.com/floormap/
There is a lovely open-air terrace on the 6th floor. It used to be a bar, now is a Starbucks, but it's nice and open, perfect for relaxing and talking.

Who is welcome to come: anyone! Feel free to bring friends, regardless of their interest in studying Japanese.

Deadline: - we can have people join us for Parts 1/3 as late as the day of, but September 5th for dinner.

I will personally share my LINE and/or phone number to all particpants (no need to share back) so you can contact me in case of a problem/last-minute change of plans/etc.

If you are interested, please reply in this thread!
5 years ago
Report Content
shirokitsune
Level: 1023
Just wondering how the planning is coming.  If I can I will try to go this time.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
We're leaning towards the 18th so it doesn't cost us too much to Shinkansen down to Tokyo, but will have a firm date by tonight!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Good news and bad news!

We have decided on a date! However, it's not in August. Hot weather + Post Obon crowds/prices made it rather tricky. 

So, we have officially settled on September 14th (Saturday, part of a 3-day weekend)! 

We will have details about it about a month in advance :).

しみ!
5 years ago
Report Content
shirokitsune
I will make a note in my calendar.  I am lucky as I currently work Saturdays but my schedule will change starting in August to Mon-Fri.  
5 years ago
Report Content
shirokitsune
I was just looking up my bus information. I think I would be able to do parts 1 and 2. As the bus I am planning to take back home is at 8:55 p.m. from Shinjuku, I don't think I could do part 3.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Awesome!
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
My last train leaves at 8:45 pm from harajuku station. So I could do parts 1 and 2.

Judging from previous experiences, how many people do you expect to show up? So for only one person has replied.
5 years ago
Report Content
Level: 99
I'm very interested to show up this time, but I'm in Kansai and can't be sure of my work schedule for that weekend just yet. Here's hoping I can make it for part 1 or 3 at least...!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Keep in mind that the last time we had it was 5 years ago (getting married -> having kids born --> much harder to get out), but the final number was 6~10. I personally thought it was a perfect size as we could all sit at a single table and chat, instead of it being more of a mixer.

I also...think...that some people did not sign up until much later, so we'll see! It's always been a smaller site, so I'm happy with any number.
5 years ago
Report Content
smnevns
Level: 1
Hi, it looks like I'm going to be in Tokyo on the 14th. I'm only landing around lunchtime, so I'm not sure how jet-lagged I am going to be, but I'd be happy to join for dinner if it's at a non-smoking location. Otherwise I could just join for coffees after. :-) Simon
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Great! I'll keep the non-smoking thing in mind! A lot of places have strict non-smoking areas, but things can get dicey in the evening. It is definitely something we can confirm before making the reservation.
5 years ago
Report Content
lightmotif
Level: 1818
Count me in for parts 1 through 3! I'm vegetarian, but I'm generally happy if there are sides of veggies and tofu or something.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
You can count me in for parts 1 and 2.
My hubby wants to come, if that's okay. He's Japanese but quite fluent in English. He's interested in Meji Jingu, so depending on what the group decides, he might not stick around for part 1, but he'll join us for dinner.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Anyone that wants to come can come! My brother-in-law, a Japanese guy that lives in the area, might swing by as well.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Sorry - got hit by a bit of a business trip! Will have the final details, including the restaurant, extremely soon!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
たせしました! Here're the final details!!

Part 1: 3:30-5:30 - Walkin and talkin

Meetup location: JR Harajuku Station (East exit) --> Clock tower about 100m away (https://goo.gl/maps/jnQ8pCiiT6...)
This will be easier to assemble. I'll message/email everyone coming with a way to find me the day of.

Part 2: 6:00-8:00 - Dinner

Meetup location: Chiles
https://goo.gl/maps/sf8JYZJxU3...

I do feel bad for the one person flying in that day and not getting Japanese food, but I wanted to tick off all the boxes:
☑ Not pricey, a-la-carte ordering (no course needed)
☑ Vegan/vegetarian friendly
☑ No smoking
☑ Good reviews

And this is what we came up with! Reservations are made!

Part 3: 8:00-10:00 - Coffee and the Sky

Meetup location: In front of this mall: https://omohara.tokyu-plaza.com/floormap/
There is a lovely open-air terrace on the 6th floor. It used to be a bar, now is a Starbucks, but it's nice and open, perfect for relaxing and talking.

I am messaging everyone who has confirmed or semi-confirmed with my personal information. It's be a cozy group - excited to meet everyone!
5 years ago
Report Content
lawliet_91
Level: 2
Hi! Maybe I'm a bit late for this, but I would like to join you if possible tomorrow for the walking part!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Already responded via msg, but would be happy to have you!
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana