Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Kanji weirdness

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

htatsuha
Level: 1144
So, I did some kanji quizzes in the study center with only drag and drop question types on. I got some questions wrong, but requizzed them at the end of the quiz until I got them right. Nevertheless, when I went back to the dashboard I saw I suddenly had some terms available to study in a kanji schedule I had already completed for the day, which happened to be the kanji I had missed but already requizzed. I'm pretty sure this is a bug? It's as if requizzing the incorrect questions in the study center did not count the way it normally would.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
Sorry, this slipped by me. It sounds like it might be tricky to replicate, but if you can get a small set of steps, maybe with a custom lesson, let me know!

Additionally, if you tell me the kanji with the issue, I can look up the mastery level history and at least see what the site thinks it did.

When it came up on the other schedule, can you confirm that you went in and did a question for it? 
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Yes, I did do the questions when they appeared in the schedule, though I don't remember which they were. But, I was able to reproduce the bug with different kanji :)

I listed my steps below, but in short, it seems to trigger when you completely study a kanji schedule for the day, then incorrectly answer a kanji quiz reading question in the study center for a kanji term that is in the completely studied schedule. After completing the quiz, even if you requized the incorrectly answered question and got it correct, that previously completely studied schedule will show the incorrectly answered kanji term(s) as being available to study.

Steps that triggered the bug:
1. I studied all terms available for the day in my kanji schedules 33314, 33313, and 14170.
2. In the Study Center>Kanji Kentei>1 section, I did a kanji quiz for the lesson Step 1 with only the readings question style enabled, with only the advanced question types Match the Readings (1-1 reading/kanji), Kanji Crosses, and Complete the Vocab (1-readings given) selected.
3. I answered a Match the Readings question incorrectly by mismatching several of the given readings with a few of the 6 given kanji (). It took me several retries to finally match all of the readings to the correct kanji, and on different retries I answered different parts incorrectly/correctly. When I finally answered the question successfully and completed the quiz, the answer panel for the question showed the kunyomi mastery for as having increased to 5, and for as having increased to 7, presumably after having dropped several levels from getting them wrong earlier.
4. I returned to the dashboard and found my kanji schedule 14170 suddenly had 2 terms to study for the day, kunyomi questions for the kanji and .
5. I studied the 2 terms, and the answer panels showed their kunyomi mastery increasing an additional level each, this time to 6 and 8 respectively.

One thing I'll mention is that of the other four kanji that appeared in the question I had to redo, and I matched correctly during each attempt at the question, is not in any kanji schedule of mine (though I did mismatch its readings at least once), and is in the only kanji schedule I don't regularly study (I mismatched its readings at least once as well). I am guessing that if I did have in a studied schedule and if I had completely studied the schedule I have in before doing this quiz, they could also have reappeared as available to study in their respective schedules.

Perhaps the bug has something to do with the recent changes to how the vectors for terms go down when answered incorrectly? Since I've never seen this problem before, it seems likely it was triggered by recent changes.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Sorry - forgot to ask this as well. The example you just gave, was this just before you typed your response, or a few days prior?
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Just before I typed my response.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Should be fixed! Let me know if you can confirm that it's working for you.
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
That bug is fixed, but there is now another issue with the drag and drop questions, which I submitted a in-quiz bug report for. So, similar to the problem I had with the transitivity quizzes, it looks like some of these question types are randomized in a such a way that when one question set is answered incorrectly, the same set will not necessarily appear when the question is requizzed, since the readings asked for each kanji that appear are random. So, I am finding myself being asked, for example, for a kunyomi reading for a kanji the first time it appears, but after getting it wrong, the requiz question asks for the onyomi, or vice versa. Then, oddly enough, the answer panel for the reanswered question shows the vector changes from both the original incorrect response and the second correct one. So it ends up simultaneously showing the kunyomi vector in red, and the onyomi vector in green, for example.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I'll get to that soon!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Well, what do ya know - this was already in there, just turned off for some reason. Switched it back on. Let me know if you can verify this on your end!
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
OK, so now I'm getting asked the same readings the second time I get the question, but I'm still seeing green and red in the same answer panel. It looks like if I incorrectly answer a question by dragging an onyomi to one kanji and a kunyomi to another, but I was supposed to do the opposite, both the onyomi and kunyomi vectors for each kanji incorrectly answered go down. Then when the question is correctly answered on the second try, the vector belonging to the correct answer goes back up and shows in green, but the vector for the mistaken answer stays in red. Not sure if this is by design or a bug.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana