Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Mastery level not resetting after incorrect answer

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

ハンヌ
Level: 3
Hi Michael,

Sometimes, after getting an answer wrong, the mastery level seems to stay the same instead of dropping to 1.
Even though the indicator turns red, when I then answer correctly in the review time after the quiz, the mastery level doesn't go to 2 as expected, but to the original level + 1. For the record, I made sure not to click redo or mark correct and I confirmed this behaviour.

4itwtq2snkavknjq2mrwne0t7.jpg
5 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1241
This is actually a new feature (from the beta, but I noticed now that it wasn't mentioned in the list of things taken over from the beta into the newest release). Any mistakes done on terms that are above a certain mastery level (I believe it was 4?) no longer drop directly to 1, but rather down by 2 levels. If during the re-quiz it is answered correctly it goes up by 1 again (so effectively only dropped one level). If during the re-quiz it is answered incorrectly again it drops another 2 levels, etc.
There does not seem to be an option (yet?) allowing users to decide for their own if they want this feature or not. I personally like it as it helps in spacing out reviews a bit.
5 years ago
Report Content
ハンヌ
Level: 3
Thank you,
This is helpful to know.
I actually requested this feature or something similar to it some time ago, so I'm glad it's not a bug!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
Yes, feature from beta, and no, no option yet. Still thinking about it. I would like to, at some point, really open up the mastery settings for people who want to get finer grained controls over the whole thing.
5 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1241
One thing about this feature I noticed that got me wondering, at least I think that this is happening:
When I make a mistake to a level 8 term, it drops to 6. I do it right in the requiz, it is level 7. - All good here.
Come next day, the term is asked again as if the term indeed dropped down to 1 and incremented to 2. When done right again it further increments to 8.

I am not fully sure if this is indeed what happens, but I got the impression that I started seeing high-level terms that I did wrong the day before but which did not end up at level 2 in the end. I am also not fully sure if the term now sticks to the "don't ask again until whatever is defined for mastery level 8" or will already pop-up earlier as if it is level 3 now.

Is this a bug in the scheduler, putting anything that is done wrong to be asked the next day regardless of the level the term is at? Or is it intended to ask incorrect stuff the next day again?
If the latter, I believe it would be better t  then actually drop by 3 levels when something is done wrong, as certainly the interval for the current level was too long and dropping by 3 levels would then result in 1 level lower than the last mastery level which had a too long interval after the 2nd re-quiz on the day after the error.

Or maybe I got everything wrong and there is something completely else at play here? :)
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
Bug, and should be fixed.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana