Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Problems with image loading in beta

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

htatsuha
Level: 1147
For some reason, in beta only, there is a delay in loading some images. Particularly, there is a significant delay after the rest of the page loads before the hamburger menu icon appears in Firefox, and in mobile Chrome it never loads at all (though clicking in its approximate location still loads the dropdown menu):
8owtwdi02jwxsn8on3gnarwgn.png

There is also an issue with the icons linking to renshuu's social media accounts under the community submenu. On PC, instead of the normal icons, there are flashing icons with exclamation marks in them (these are sometimes also visible as placeholders in mobile before images load); in mobile, there is just a blank space where the icons should be:

o2vt0g2p36kiwyuqkrcgt42rg.png
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Another example, this time in Firefox, with a fully loaded page missing certain images/icons:

2tnca34g5j5qykskbu8033nij.png
5 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1265
I am using noscript and also noticed that in beta, icons will not load if I do not allow fontawesome.com, while the non-beta loads fine without allowing scripts from that page to load - not sure to what extend this is related, but at least for me no icons where showing up at all until after I allowed scripts for that website?
5 years ago
Report Content
McFluffington
Level: 1374
I can confirm this - if you don't allow scripts from fontawesome.com the icons don't load. 

That's not really a bug, just a change. ;)
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
I have fontawesome allowed on pc, where I do have NoScript. I don't have NoScript on any of my mobile browsers though (last I checked it was still in beta for mobile Firefox). So I don't think that's related.
5 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1265
it could maybe be related to the extend that in the non-beta I get the icons without fontawesome (script) being called/executed, so even though you have fontawesome allowed, icons might show up delayed if they now wait for a script (or fontawesome) to load first? this is just speculation on my part though...
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
I did change the way that FA is getting loaded. However, even without noscript, I am not happy with the performance of it as of late. Will be trying out some other things, probably tonight!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Ok, so I drastically changed how the fa icons are loaded. At least for me, it is super speedy now.

I also caught a few icons that were acting strange after the change (in terms of size/color/etc.). If you see any, let me know. Otherwise, let me know if this fixes your issues!
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Icons are loading much better now on both mobile and PC. The social media icons are back on PC, but still missing on mobile, though clicking where they should be still loads their links.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Was able to replicate it, should be better now! Please confirm if you can. Also re-aligned the hamburger menu icon.
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Looks like it's all fixed now :)
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana