Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Can't hide images from dictionary

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

|マルコ|
Level: 110
Some people have aracnophobia or other phobias, for which they would prefer to not see an image of a spider or wathever the phobia is during their quizzing session.
I've just downvoted a spider in the dictionary to test if I would get no image for it, but is still there ^_^'
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
Maybe a good way could be this:
If a user downvote an image for a vocab and don't upvote another one nor submit one, then that vocab will get no further images displayed until he manually upvote or submit one
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
This should be working better! All pictures have a global rating (set by me), and that would supersede whatever the user chose. However, if a user hides one, then it should not appear at all.
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
wouldn't that still have a corner case in which, let's say User1 hides "spider image 1", now that doesn't appears anymore, but then another user, User2 comes and submit a new spider image - wouldn't the previous User1 who disabled "spider image 1" suddenly get a "spider image 2" visible?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Not likely, as 1)so far, users don't typically submit images for terms that already have them, and 2)I have to mark them as fully public for other users to see them. I already reject images from time to time if I feel it would not be comfortable to others, so I will not be marking a 2nd spider image like that :)
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
By the way, about what users can see, I might have submitted one too many dogs as you can see below xD

xunita0kcshdjz5nemxbdyn8i.png
And I noticed currently there is no way to switch to my favourite image (the dog with glasses)
Maybe a "star icon" similar to firefox "favourite" xsnkb3fefnrjw4tkdzpryqswx.png could be added to mark the currently displayed image, separate from the upvote / downvote system

5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
No plans to add new features for this beta (aside from the introduction module). This will have to wait til later, sorry!
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana