Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - using ; to separate words meaning rather than , can create ambiguity

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

|マルコ|
Level: 110
ea34jmed8thsxf76p24numted.png
The text above might be either read as a single sentence: "channels, official or otherwise, (business) connections"
or even as 3 separate entries: "channels" "official or otherwise(?)" "(business) connections"
But from rikai-champ it is clear they are actually 2 items:

2brgoxgi77bh8vmanmfteggeg.png
"channels, official or otherwise" and "(business)connections"

This cases cannot be disambiguated because renshuu already uses ";" to separate different meanings and "," to separate several words under the same meaning.
With the introduction of numbered entries, this could be fixed now, having numbered entries as standard and using the same punctuation scheme from rikai-champ and jisho (which I would guess is the same as the source JMEdict)

This example above doesn't particularly stands out as ambiguous to warrant such effort, but I bet if we look close enough, we can find more of these
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
I'll look into it for the next version of the site. Since renshuu is a collection of definitions from jmedict, user entered, adjusted over the years, it is not as simple as just changing the way it's displayed - both of those sites most likely pull from jmedict ONLY.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana