Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Small inconsistency with kanji dictionary messages

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

htatsuha
Level: 1147
When a kanji cannot be found because it isn't in renshuu's dictionary, only some searches trigger the full message "Could not find any kanji with your search. You might have entered a kanji not in renshuu's dictionary." while others only get the message "Could not find any kanji with your search.". I've been keeping a list of kanji that seem to be missing from renshuu's dictionary; among them, trigger only the shorter message, while trigger the long one. Perhaps this could be fixed so they all show the longer message when searched?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261
How 'bout now?
5 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1261
This now seems fixed, but it is interesting that I cannot click on any of the Kanji's of htatsuha's first block:

But can click on the Kanji's in the second block (which then opens the dictionary search with the message that nothing can be found as probably not in dictionary):

Any specific reason why the one block is clickable and the other isn't?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I apologize if this makes no sense, but all characters basically have a numerical code (unicode) that represents it. In order to tell renshuu to lookup kanji, but not anything else, it took what I found as a range of character numbers that match kanji characters. "if the character has a number id between A and B, mark it for lookup." Apparently, the ones in the top group don't fall into that range!
5 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1261
I apologize if this makes no sense, but all characters basically have a numerical code (unicode) that represents it. In order to tell renshuu to lookup kanji, but not anything else, it took what I found as a range of character numbers that match kanji characters. "if the character has a number id between A and B, mark it for lookup." Apparently, the ones in the top group don't fall into that range!
Makes sense to me, thanks for explaining :)
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
No prob - I'll try to get those other kanji in there soon.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
The site's kanji dictionary is now about 6000 terms bigger!

Unfortunately, the stroke order diagrams exist for many of them, but I'm having a lot of trouble linking them properly, so they are currently not available.
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
By chance did your dictionary update affect the kanji used for vocab entries? Because I'm suddenly seeing ateji for terms that previously didn't have kanji attached to them (ダース now shows as , アルカリ as , まごつく as く, etc).

Also, on a more related note, many of the kanji that got added have no definition listed, but are still being quizzed for the meaning vector.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
No, those are further updates as I merge the more troublesome terms from the edict dictionary.

The definitions... Are going to be tricky. There is nothing built into the system to ignore the definition vector for any term type. Might take some time to fix.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Additionally, let me check on the kanji markings for those ateji and make sure the common hiragana markers are getting imported properly
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Something else I noticed, possibly related to the kanji changes. I have the word では in a vocab schedule, and when viewing the terms list, では is written as underlined furigana/ruby, with an empty space below it, but no kanji.
5 years ago
Report Content
じゅうり
Level: 1705
Got the same thing on ga:

4ny5q5xqoey5whpdnd4ntk583.pngOddly, none of the attached sentences contained ga.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Should be good now!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I believe the definition vector should be working properly now - let me know if you can find an instance when that is not the case.
5 years ago
Report Content
じゅうり
Level: 1705
Now that the new kanji are (mostly) quizzable, any chance the stroke counts can be fixed? Many of the multi-stroke terms show single digit counts. If you search either 1 or 6 you'll see an example of what I mean.

w0i5h0u47rtpdc0gptbjbnqyh.png
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Updating them now! The original table in the database only went up to 31 strokes, which appears to be what was causing the problem.
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Looks like the definitions are fixed. Thanks!
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana