Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Different question sentences for grammar?

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Szentizs
Level: 15
My problem is that I always see the same sentence for the grammar, so sometimes I just remember the answer for that specific question because of the sentence, without understanding the grammar. Is there a way always get different sentences?
5 years ago
Report Content
Szentizs
My problem is that I always see the same sentence for the grammar, so sometimes I just remember the answer for that specific question because of the sentence, without understanding the grammar. Is there a way always get different sentences?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261
Thanks for the question! All renshuu users get free access to the hundreds of different expressions that we have available for quizzing, but the quizzes are limited to a few questions per expression. Renshuu pro users get thousands more questions unlocked so you can really get a mastery of each expression.

You can get more info about renshuu pro through the menu of the site. We're a Mom and Pop company (just the two of us), and every grammar question was written specifically for this site - no quizzes recycled from free resources on the Internet.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
A bit more information on getting some free renshuu pro!

https://www.renshuu.org/forums... <-- Follow us on Twitter, send us a short message!
https://www.renshuu.org/forums... <-- Really easy way to get free pro by contributing to the site! It is set to end this week, but (cough cough) I have secret plans to extend it for a bit due to the popularity of the offer.
5 years ago
Report Content
Szentizs
Thanks! I actually am a pro user but this problem still persists.
5 years ago
Report Content
Szentizs
Thanks! I actually am a pro user but this problem still persists.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Really?!? Let me look into it for you.
5 years ago
Report Content
Szentizs
ありがとうございます!
5 years ago
Report Content
Szentizs
ありがとうございます!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Let me ask you a few questions so I can follow up on it, as I do not see the problem (yet) from my end. Rest assured, once this is resolved, I'll be happy to credit you with the time you've missed the full renshuu pro package so you can get your money's worth!

1. You are only studying your schedules, yes? (and not from Study Center)
2. When you say you are seeing the same ones, does it happen for all three of your schedules? Is it always the same *one*, or is it a small group? If it is a small group, what number would you say you are seeing, roughly?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I made some small changes, can you see if you notice a change on your end?
5 years ago
Report Content
Szentizs
Sorry for only answering now, I was trying to find out if I see it in every grammar schedule I have, and it seems like yes I still do. I got the same sentence for the same grammar point I was studying yesterday. Thank you for trying to solve my problem. I'm not sure what I can do and I'm sorry that the problem is not visible.
5 years ago
Report Content
Szentizs
Sorry for only answering now, I was trying to find out if I see it in every grammar schedule I have, and it seems like yes I still do. I got the same sentence for the same grammar point I was studying yesterday. Thank you for trying to solve my problem. I'm not sure what I can do and I'm sorry that the problem is not visible.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
No worries about being late! I'm on a business trip the next three days, but I'd like to continue to work on this:

Question: you said you got the same sentence from yesterday to today. I'm kind of curious - how often do you get the same expression two days in a row? That's fairly rare in schedules. If you are studying out of the study center, though (single lessons), the site is going to throw everything it has at you.

Your issue aside, I do have an improvement that I hope to implement in the next week or so that will help balance how often you see each sentence.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I have gone ahead and added that improvement. It now sorts the sentences based on whether or not you've studied them before, and will always present you one that you've seen the least. I think this will help a lot!
5 years ago
Report Content
Szentizs
thank you so so much!
5 years ago
Report Content
Szentizs
thank you so so much!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
It honestly should have been implemented from the get go, but I must have planned to do so, forgotten about it, then moved onto other things.

I haven't tested it extensively, so I would like to hear your thoughts after you've used it some. I was never able to replicate your issue, so it is always possible that the problem lies elsewhere.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana