Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Modifying large volume of vocab mastery levels per vector

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Mayonade
Level: 1
Hi everyone! I'm trying to do something that I'm not sure is possible with my main vocab schedule and was wondering if anyone else has done something similar.

Here's the situation - for whatever number of years now I've slowly built up a vocab schedule of ~12,000 words, and I've always been using the "slow and thorough" quiz type with kanji->kana, kana->kanji, and kana->meaning as study vectors. This worked well at the start as I didn't know many kanji at the time, but as the first two vectors have seen to it that I can convert kanji<->kana in my head I'm finding the kana->meaning one rather useless and want to change it to kanji->meaning. However, when I do so, all of my terms start at mastery level 1 for the new vector and I get the ol' "10000 terms to study today" debacle.
I know the site has tools that let you alter mastery levels en masse, but I'm not sure how to do it on a per-vector basis and am scared to mess with it in case I nuke my whole schedule. I feel like even if it is possible the end result would be me setting everything to mastery 8 or something rather than each individual term's old kana->meaning level as the latter option sounds overly complicated.

Have any of you guys managed to pull off this kind of maneuver before? If so, I'd love to hear how you went about it.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
Doing it at that level is not yet available. I haven't mentioned this yet, but I plan on making a "deep" editor page soon that works like a mini programming area for selecting terms based on queries and then assigning actions to them. It's not been started, though.

I am more than happy to do a one off thing for you on this end, if you'd like me to adjust them. Just give me the schedule, and something like "make this vector the same as that vector." I can't really offer this to brand new users, but to those of you who've been here for awhile, I'd be happy to.
5 years ago
Report Content
Mayonade
Thanks a lot for the reply マイコー! That page sounds like a great idea.

If you'd be so kind, I'd love for you to make the 'Kanji question → Meaning answer' vector levels the same as what 'Kana question → Meaning answer' are at in my schedule "Brocabulary" (please don't ask about the name though :/).
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
Done!
5 years ago
Report Content
Mayonade
Thanks a lot!
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana