Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Turn mnemonics off

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

じゅうり
Level: 1706
Can you please give us a way to turn the mnemonics off? They have never worked for me (my brain just isn't wired that way), and I find them very distracting--especially when they are as large as the kanji I'm meant to be studying.

I know people are putting a lot of effort into them, but for those of us who don't work that way it is just more visual "clutter".
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261
That's perfectly reasonable! I planned on doing this at some point anyway. I'm on a business trip the next few days, will get it up when I can.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261
Now available in Settings > Term Lists! Let me know if you experience issues with it.
5 years ago
Report Content
smnevns
Level: 1
Thanks for adding this setting, マイコー! I've also been struggling with the mnemonics lately, especially with more and more being added. I can understand that they're very helpful for some people, but like じゅうり I've found them to be quite distracting. The new setting is working fine for me, no issues as far as I can tell.
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana