Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums -

This topic is tied to the below grammar expression in the grammar library.
てくださる
1. A does C for B (B is you, your friends, your family, etc.)

I really let the Queen walk all over me.
Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

adkadar
Level: 5
かいちょうはわたしだいひょうとしてえらんでくださいました

This example is not consistent with the suggested construction. Should not it be instead of を?
5 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1242
As per "Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar", を is the particle to use when the receiver is also the direct object at the same time.

Key Examples they provide (they provide them for くれる and explain くださる as the polite (honorific) version of it - I modified them to use くださる instead of くれる below - I also highlighted how the receiver is handled in those two sentences):

A: カメラをってくださった。(My father bought a camera for me.)
Topic(は) Indirect Object(に) Direct Object(を)

B: なぐさめてくださった。(Michio consoled me.)
Topic(は) Direct Object(を)

That said, the grammar point here only covers key sentence A in the construction notes, while also having an example fitting key sentence B - if I am not mistaken, of course :)

EDIT: fixed a typo in key sentence B where I had an extra う that didn't belong there
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana