Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - little issues

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Karlla
Level: 892
Lately my pc isn't always cooperative, so I'm never really sure if this is a problem caused by my pc. (using windows and firefox 7, still^^)

1) I was on my dashboard and went all the way down to the かおの image and took a look at the example sentences for the grammar point of that image. When clicking the arrow for or manually choosing the next page the pop-up disappeared... Or so I thought... until I noticed that it has moved all the way up to the top of the page, where I couldn't see it unless I scolled up.

2) Don't know if it's supposed to be that way. While in that same pop-up, hovering over the word doesn't produce that little informational pop-up. Just as if the sentences were not bound to the dictionary. Looking at the same sentences from the dictionary, shows the pop-ups as usual.

Edit: Same issues occur on mobile (chrome on android). Is it supposed to do that?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
1. Should be fixed!
2. Sorry, this is an embarrassing deficiency in the popup system of the site - it cannot popup off of another popup. I think the code that runs those things is older than anything else in the site, and written in a way that replacing it with a more modern solution would be a huge undertaking, so it's always been patches on top of patches of that clunky system.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Now I have a little problem on my mobile (Chrome on android). The hanko, stats, writing and pro panels are not opening properly. Just hitting the icon causes endless loading. I have to manually reload the page for the content to show up.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Should be fixed. Sorry about that!
4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I noticed today, that the page moves around during a quiz. Downsizing is being reverted with every solved question, so that doesn't help.
At the end of the quiz it doesn't move around anymore, but the likely cause of the issue is still visible. There's a little piece overflowing to the side.
nj0ywhh3i6ipmubccbabtn7v2.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Will check it out. Can you explain a bit more what you mean by "moves around during a quiz". I can see the icons issue, and will look into that asap.

Already fixed that TERM_COMPLEX...# issue - it is a bit of prep for the beta starting soon.
4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
On mobile, when you look at an oversized image or web page, you move it around with your finger to see the things that are off screen. Well, that happened to me during the quiz. It wasn't much, as there isn't so much off to the sides, but it didn't do that before. I suppose, once you fixed the icons, that moving around thing will be fixed, too.
I was wondering if I just didn't notice it before or if it really wasn't there until now. lol
Edit: Just noticed, it's fixed. Thanks
4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Occasionally, I have a little issue in the crossword puzzle input box where letters do not convert to kana. I can't say that I'm typing very quickly. I cannot consciously replicate it, it just happens sometimes.
rwraupnmiam67xzqd0q4bykib.jpgAnother issue is when typing shii where I essentially double-click the i for some reason it converts into い instead of しい. I have actually seen the し show up and then disappear upon clicking the second i. That one is of course related to typing speed.

Edit: The same issue occured in shiritori.
4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
There seems to be a problem with the forum search. I only get empty results.
rhin2dmhw8hiv6uf3k8u8yirv.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Forum issue should be fixed.
Romaji issue - that's using a 3rd party library. Let me put it aside for a bit and get back to it in the beta.
4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I'm sure I had posted something here, but now it's gone. Why?
Again. There's a mobile visual glitch in the grammar page (そう) seemingly related to this overflowing forum post. I was wondering why I couldn't access the dictionary from the grammar page, but found it far to the right.
sy3tb6guye5ry4dm7q53jeh7m.jpgNow, when accessed through that grammar page, the mailbox (as well as the dictionary) is now also very wide and not mobile friendly.
eik5ckkuy2mdxr6tpe356heiq.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
All new links that get posted are properly handled, but that was from a post that was made in the old system. I just went in and manually changed the url for this instance.
4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

What I find very strange is that the kanji listed in the dictionary is one stroke short of the kanji in the mnemonic. Also the stroke diagram shows that extra stroke. Which version is correct?

hvgkwgh8mqezdnd3akomtr7t0.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1242

Strange, this Kanji is displayed the same way on my end, but only in the textbook fonts (all other have that extra stroke). When copying the Kanji (from textbook font) and paste it into any document it still has that extra stroke.

Looking around, might this be one of those Kanji's that are/can be slightly differently written than printed (at least I vaguely remember that there were Kanji's like this)? For example:

The stroke order diagram on this page is also missing that one stroke: https://www.tanoshiijapanese.c...

And on jisho.org, the stroke order diagram is showing both strokes, but they say this Kanji has "16 strokes (also 17)"? https://jisho.org/search/%E8%A...

Counting the strokes, it certainly does have 17 when doing both, and 16 if you omit one of those two...

After digging around some further, I also found the following PDF detailing the Jōyō-Kanji guidelines from the Ministry of Education (http://www.bunka.go.jp/kokugo_...) where towards the bottom of page 121 both variants are shown (two strokes + one stroke in []-brackets). I found the link to this file in the first response of this question https://japanese.stackexchange..., where one wondered why some Kanji's are differently written than printed.

EDIT: While further looking through that PDF out of interest, I found that on page 7 they already show that the one stroke and two stroke variant can be written in the same way, apparently:

pmt8katec5f0wxjbnd4tqyi58.png
4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

In that pdf they actually already mention and the (しんにゅう) variant on the very first page. Interesting. I may look into that pdf some more.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana