Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - ? radical not recognised when opening mnemonics box

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Page: 1 of 2

espiacent
Level: 760
It seems like the variant of radical 9 (or 4 maybe?) is not recognised in the mnemonics feature. Saw this for the kanji for example. It only give me cloth and food.

Also, while I am at this: Tried entering mnemonic for . If I use the radical spoon it only colours one of the two. For other Kanji this so far worked and both (i.e. trees) where coloured when adding the tree radical.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
Do you mean it is not coming up as an option to click on? Unfortunately, there is not a way to fix that - this data comes out of a stroke order library, and if the library doesn't say "strokes a through x make up this element", there is not a way for the site to go in and break it up =/.
5 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
Ah I see. Nevermind then. But this is good to know, thanks for the info.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I'm honestly impressed (not in me, but the data source) that I was able to extract so much data to make available what's already there. At least the site will let you manually color other elements, even if they are not represented in the boxes.
5 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
Yes, that function really helps a lot.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
But still, some kanji with mnemonics have incomplete colouration because of certain parts not showing up as an option to click on.
5 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
It is possible to always get full colouration. Sometimes you have to remove the radical fields from the sentences. Which of course also isn't perfect.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I know. I wasn't talking about my own. Just sometimes I come across other users' mnemonics and see that they are incomplete. (Maybe old ones from before manual adjustment became possible?)
I'm just thinking that simply ignoring those unknown/unavailable parts is not a good solution for mnemonics...
5 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
True. So far I am just making better mnemonics when I see such insolence. xD
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
@マイコー I just wrote a mnemonic for and the middle part is not coloured. I want it to be part oft, but I don't get to add it manually. :(
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I have a couple of fixes or improvements I'll put in soon! One is cool, and one, if it works out the way I expect, is VERY cool. Please wait :)
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Alright, got one of them in.
If you ever use a part of a kanji that does not have a pre-identified marking (in the boxes), and you have to tell renshuu with strokes to use, it will take that data and create a tiny little version of that "piece" to include in the definition. Check on the mnemonic attached to - they used the top 3 strokes in their definition, but it did not have a character to display (until now). It is not the same font as the other pre-defined ones (since it takes the data from the stroke order diagrams), but it makes the tool eeever so slightly useful.
5 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
Awesome!

Just noticed a tiny thing though for your info. For example at the mnemonic for , the inserted box is for some reason tearing apart the describing word.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
(Replied with a test account, sorry about that).
I was afraid that would happen - I already knocked out a few instances of it, but let me take care of this one. Will let you know when it's fixed.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Fixed, and hopefully didn't "unfix" anything else.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Didn't you intend to get rid of those? Gonben is also still unchanged.
r5nhfrpiiozhdc20burff2o7g.jpg
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
And those are nice but can you make them white or so?
aqwpmaeirzs3vivdqvngioe0i.jpg
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Fixed! The only time it will not appear correctly is if one of them is already present and you go up and change to/from dark mode. As soon as you reload, or look up a new kanji, it works.
So, only in an extremely tiny edge case will it appear that way.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Didn't you intend to get rid of those? Gonben is also still unchanged.
r5nhfrpiiozhdc20burff2o7g.jpg
I think I planned on getting rid of them, but some of them stuck around, and I thought, "well....".
Would you rather have them out?
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
A simple is already around. This is the only special one I have found so far.
I'm now used to the short radicals and gonben and kanehen are sticking out somehow. So yeah, I'd rather have them out.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana