Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - hidden words in dictionary

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

|マルコ|
Level: 110
pkcrbsgiroz5eysutvgheggg2.png
As you can see the おじ I am quizzing on doesn't appear in the dictionary, has a slightly different meaning, both have different images and both show up during my srs.
It is like if the one I'm quizzing on, instead of being merged it was just only removed from the dictionary.
4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1263
It seems this dictionary entry was merged with the one that is visible when searching for おじ as alternate reading. When searching directly for "parent's younger brother" the one you have in the quiz is found [has as rarely written kanji], while searching for おじ results in being shown, with as alternate.

as you pointed out, they do have different definitions, which is linked to their Kanjis. No idea though why it is thrown together in one instance but can still be found separately in the other.

Just searching for "uncle" also only finds the with as alternate result. The image for also shows up in the "uncle" search results, but is here used for さん.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261
They were together in the original dictionary, but I just split them apart. Sorry for the delay!
4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
I guess this would be better if there was an option such as "Show kanji for common hiragana terms" but that we could activate at the single vocab level, so I could turn it on for those two and get and respectively during quiz, definetly would be a more useful review session compared to おじ and おじ hehe :)
-
That btw would also be a useful feature for people who have many terms studied (5k in my case), if they where to use the current "Show kanji for common hiragana terms" there would be so many vocab changing and without being first shown once in the review preview, that it would kill the SRS accuracy overall (and possibly even the will to do SRS after a hit like that :S).
They have to be transitioned manually and one at the time by the user for best resoults, I think
4 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
by the way, おばさん is playing the same game :D
(only show one entry on the dictionary rather than 2)
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261
Fixed!
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana