Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Problem with kanji studying

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

foxerish
Level: 2
Hello.
I've been learning Japanese with Renshuu.org for a long time, and now I'm learning for the JLPT N3.
I've learned almost all the kanji for this level and the previous levels, and I marked all the kanji I know on the website, but even when the kanji is marked it doesn't show up when learn word with that kanji or quiz myself in lessons or schedules, and I really want to practice reading those kanji.
I've been looking for an answer for a long time but I couldn't fine anything that helped me.
What can I do to fix it?
4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1261
Do you have example words where you see this issue? There are various words in Japanese that have (also common) Kanji associated with them, but where the Kanji itself is rarely written. A good example of this would be the verb する, which has a Kanji variant (る) that is rather rarely written this way but still valid. Or れ [これ].
Renshuu by default does not show these rarely written Kanji's for affected vocab, but you can turn them on under Settings -> Kanji -> "Show kanji for common hiragana terms". Be aware though that this will then also start showing the Kanji's for all those vocab that you with a high probability never will encounter and could be more confusing (like how most, if not all, katakana country names have Kanji variants with rather irregular readings for those Kanjis: ドイツ (), スペイン (西), etc.).
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261
foxerish - sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Just getting over a cold!
If you give me 2 or 3 examples, I can dive into your account and tell you what's going on.
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana