Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - How to start kanji shiritori

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

lightmotif
Level: 1792

This is not obvious to me (on Firefox, Chrome)—how does one start off a round of kanji shiritori? In this example, the entry box prompts to start with a reading of 「す」, but not the kanji required.

https://www.renshuu.org/index.php?page=community/activities&sid=113

amxxa5aodzss3ks0202xq58si.png
4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
Scroll down? The kanji shiritori are listed below the kana ones.
4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1241
There seems to be something wrong with the Kanji Shiritori round you linked to, as it is completely empty. There must be at least one word in it that you can use as a starting point. The round you linked to is also not showing up in the list of Kana/Kanji shiritoris either.
As Karlla said though, if you scroll down you get a list of all open Shiritori Kanji rounds and will certainly be able to play in those. No idea how you got to that round with no terms in it, though?
4 years ago
Report Content
lightmotif
They always look like that when they are new (at least in my experience). Then (usually but not in this case) someone starts them somehow, and they show up in the list of rounds below. I've never been able to start one linked from a "New kanji shiritori round" message, so I have to wait for someone else to play.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
There was an issue - when a shiritori gets started, it has no words, but the input field always states the first character to be used. In this case, though, it was set to kana by accident. Just fixed it!
4 years ago
Report Content
lightmotif
That was working, but I just broke it by deleting the first word played. (• ▽ •;)ゞ
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
Reset the data, put in a patch, but it will only be in the beta version for now, so please do not delete the first word again :)
4 years ago
Report Content
lightmotif
です。
With a word added, the round shows up in the playable list as usual. Nice to know I wasn't missing something obvious. (^-^;)
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana