Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Visual Issues Megathread

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems

Page: 50 of 70

Level: 163

Blinking Text Cursors...Blinking Cursors everywhere kao_worry.png

8ef7af4cb73b8dab1023da24adbebe4483ac5ee0848462b5.pngca5fcd3e8094faffa9964a03ae744f2fd1825f00e5307bb4.png

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

@stupidguy - really? I do see a good number of sentence quizzes being run on your acct - if you tap on the "my terms" number on the dashboard, then go down to sentences, does anything look familiar to you?

Cursor issue: I'll need more information - what browser or app are you using? Does it happen from the moment that you open renshuu, or does it occur after some action?

1 year ago
Report Content
stupidguy
Level: 182

@stupidguy - if you tap on the "my terms" number on the dashboard, then go down to sentences, does anything look familiar to you?

Yes, they're all sentences I've answered or written in the past. "Past" meaning maybe 6 months ago (or more) aside from an odd one or two questions to test things for questions from other people.

It seemingly happens independently of totals on the dashboard.

Based off of today and yesterday, this seems to happen even if my total studied for the week is 0. I slept through yesterday and didn't study in a way renshuu knows about today, but it's showing this tonight, Monday night:

e36209f4ecdeaeaf222adb31ef0ceb53210b87306e4ba060.png

57305a3019f300849229be05e7f8e671f12624c27ea9a9e1.png

1 year ago
Report Content
Level: 163

Cursor issue: I'll need more information - what browser or app are you using? Does it happen from the moment that you open renshuu, or does it occur after some action?

I don't think its much of an issue/can be easily fixed...I had caret browsing on kao_worry.png

With a bit of layering trickery, this flashing cursor can be disabled even in caret browsing, but it requires a lot of unnecessary code, hassle, and a waste of resources. Plus, caret browsing is optional.

ごめんなさい kao_yoroshiku.png

1 year ago
Report Content
6e04be8791c8d08266c14677e4fbae671877dafd42f39a4a.jpg

When I opened the dictionary, the part that let's you draw to search was cropped. (I didn't crop it myself)

1 year ago
Report Content

Most of the time, the placement of the “furigana” characters in kanji shiritori is well done, but sometimes it gives up and just justifies the characters uniformly.

6d5c2d16d726363c58bb90f72825e56d920fb72139618201.jpg

Doesn’t affect playability, but I am curious what’s happening, regardless of whether a fix is feasible.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

It does that when it is a unique reading (when the entirety of the reading cannot be automatically split up among the constituent kanji) - these terms would have underlined readings if they were appearing in a term list.

@Starlight - I have seen this happen rarely, but I've never been able to figure out a set of steps that would recreate that issue. If you are able to replicate it reliably, definitely let me know.

@stupidguy - makes sense now, and I think it's fixed. *think*

1 year ago
Report Content

I keep posting my shiritori issues here, even though they have less and less to do with visual issues.

kao_yoroshiku.png

The katakana round won’t accept マホメット. Why not?

8980720774bfe2248bc3fd48dbd96a09db72f11b2ee14cf7.jpg

1 year ago
Report Content
stupidguy

@stupidguy - makes sense now, and I think it's fixed. *think*

Yes, it seems to be resolved! Thank you

977c8a72e46b6fc74ae103083795c916f2c4f64595957869.png
1 year ago
Report Content
f7ca6ee8fd9fcbe56cda189b97bdda447bd4c50c89abd52a.jpg

When I go to purchase the hosta, It says "undefined". Why?

Edit: now it gave away some of my money! I had 1685, But now it says I have 1300 even though I didn't buy anything.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Actually, your money wasn't taken away. Do you see that the dropdown box doesn't have a number in it? Here's probably what happened:

1. You claimed a quest reward - and it said it gave you more than it actually did. (385, I'm guessing)

2. That means you had 1300, not enough for the flower

3. On reload, it gave you the correct amount.

By chance, do you recall running through a quest(s) just before this?

Re: shiritori: I'll check out that katakana mismatch error.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

Some katakana terms in the dictionary were not marked with the katakana marking. Going through and marking them now!

1 year ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

Shouldn't this be "adjust"?

1 year ago
Report Content

Recreated the dictionary issue:

Edit: first image:

1 year ago
Report Content

Frame bug. Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to question corner
  2. Scroll down to leader board
  3. Note the pagination frame at top of screen
  4. Click on one of the three leaders to go to their profile page
  5. Pagination frame remains.

Note that bug isn’t triggered by clicking on the name of a poster.

Edit: it stopped happening. Either I skipped a step or it’s already been fixed. So no screenshot.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

1. Fixed the help string

2. Can you give the specific steps for that writing box issue? I would love to knock that out as it's been there awhile. So, I see an い already in your box. Feel free to edit the steps below

A. Open up dictionary

B. Tap handwriting icon

C. Draw い, press button to insert it (Is it working at this point?)

D. Close the pad???

E. Open the pad again

F. Is cut off.

3. Haven't touched anything re: frame issue, so let me know if you see it again.

1 year ago
Report Content

And it’s back! Looks like this.

1 year ago
Report Content
マイコー

I was not able to reproduce it, but I did try adding more forceful *language* into the code to try and get it off of there.

1 year ago
Report Content
stupidguy

Issue: One of the vocabulary entries for /ビール doesn't allow kanji questions. It claims that I don't know the kanji.

Attempt to fix: I tried turning off/on the lightbulbs for the kanji and quizzing for the kanji. Neither route worked.

Workaround: There's another entry for /ビール that works properly, which suggests that the entry I have an issue with isn't as it should be

Other info: The searches "beer" and "ビール" return both entries while the search "" returns the second entry and not the first.

The two versions:

1. problem entry:

2. working entry:

1 year ago
Report Content
stupidguy

Issue: for vocab quizzes, the writing option "only hints about character" is available but not used. When it's selected, the quiz will use the last valid option used instead (any of the 3 other options).

Known to have the option: lesson center vocab quizzes

Devices tested on: Android+app, Linux+Firefox

Image for context:

1 year ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 50 of 70

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana