Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - User sentences in lessons?

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

renshohey
Level: 1
Quick question:
so for instance I went and studied Te-verb hooks... it was about 18 sentences, and then I was done. Are the sentences presented when one studies the grammar point the only ones available? Because when I finish I see that there are like 50+ user sentences. But I guess one cannot practice with user sentences, only the 18 examples that are available?
thanks
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

Hello,

The grammar expression quiz sentences are all made by hand because the site cannot generate false answers automatically (it can for kanji and vocab), so every answer in those questions was written up by a person, and verified by native speakers.

If you are a member of renshuu pro, the number of questions goes up by 4 or 5 times for each lesson.

Unfortunately, even if user sentences were able to be used somehow, the users would have to make their own answers, and the site would not be able to guarantee that any of the Japanese in those sentences is accurate. With the roughly 5000 questions we have up for grammar at the moment, they've all been validated, as we don't want users to learn the wrong information :( With vocabulary and kanji it is much easier for others to create incorrect answers, but making answers for grammar ones is much more difficult, so it greatly raises the chance of incorrect Japanese being treated as real Japanese.

Now, if you are doing vocab quizzing with sentences (renshuu pro feature), you can blend in your own sentences that you've written.

4 years ago
Report Content
renshohey
Level: 1
Ok thank you
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana