Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Setting multiple filters on kanji term lists

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

gillianfaith
Level: 877

Currently only one filter can be used at a time for showing words using a certain kanji, which is all that's really needed in the dictionary when looking at specific terms, but the user setting to apply it site-wide can be too restrictive and it makes learning new kanji more difficult. It's a really useful feature to have for the kanji the filters apply to, but unfortunately I had to turn it off altogether because I kept running into kanji with 0 related vocab to help reinforce readings & meanings in quizzes.

It would be nice to be able to set up secondary filters to guarantee that the terms list is always populated with something. For example, if my setting to filter for "Most common words" returns no results for a given kanji, filter for my known words, and if that returns no results filter for JLPT words, etc. until it can produce some vocabulary.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Hmm, interesting idea. I don't have a clear idea on how to implement it on the back-end without dragging down the speed, but I bet something will pop into my head at some point!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana