Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Some dictionary bugs

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

htatsuha
Level: 1144

1. is listed as rarely used kanji for ワシントン, however, a search in the vocab dictionary for returns no results. The same happens when clicking on in a sentence and trying to view it in the dictionary.

2. Previously, the sentences section of the dictionary could be used to search for English phrases or for English sentences containing more than one word by entering in multiple words with spaces in between. Now, that no longer works; instead, the only way to search multiple English words and get results is to enter them without spaces in between, like when searching with a Japanese search term.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

I updated the way that the dictionary picks up new entries in the dictionary, so it should be good once everything updates.

As to #2, are you talking about two words separately in the sentence, or right next to one another? Can you give an example?

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

For #2, previously it would work both ways. Like, if my search term was work today, I would get results with those words next to each other and results where they were separated by other words too. I believe it also was possible to use quote marks to limit results to ones where the words appeared next to each other. So it functioned like any other search engine would. Now I would only get results by searching worktoday, and the results would only include sentences where the words are next to each other. In other words, English searches now work just like the Japanese ones, which require there to be no spaces and only produce results where the words searched appear contiguously in the sentence.
4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Just noticed something else weird in the dictionary, it seems like for some words that have versions with alternate kanji, which entry appears on top, or what order the alternate kanji versions are listed in, is random. I was just looking up some words and in the process I searched for two separate terms multiple times; sometimes one version of the word would appear on top and sometimes the other would. Using the wildcard asterisk seems to increase the chance of it occurring. For example, a search for よく and for よく* often (though not always) produces differently ordered alternate entries. Doing a search for parts of もみじがり with an asterisk sometimes returns り as the head entry, and sometimes .

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I just searched "work today", and the below came up. It is most likely me not understanding something, but I do see results with the words next to each other, and with them separate. Can you let me know if these are the results that you get?

Also, there is not a "main" version of the linked words, so yes, it does vary depending on the search, especially if you search on kanji that only one of them has.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Huh, I guess the search is working now, it definitely wasn't before. When I wrote my post, if I searched work today, I would get no results at all.
4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Searching が in the vocab dictionary returns phrases containing が in addition to the expected results:

tvupa04upahrfsp55tfv6ij30.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Better now!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana