Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Bizarre changes to JLPT lists

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

htatsuha
Level: 1144

I just updated my vocab schedules to include the most recent versions of the updated JLPT lists, and I'm not sure what method was used to add the new words after the last test, but I doubt this was the intended result. I've already found over 50 words that should not be there in just the N3-5 levels alone, including: many words which seemed to have been added because they shared kanji or a reading with a word that I presume was supposed to be added (every permutation of こんこん is now in the N3 list); many user created entries (some of which don't even have English definitions) for terms which already have official dictionary entries (, だって, etc); and several entries using archaic or obscure kanji that aren't even in the Joyo list (, る, etc). It's been a while since I've updated my schedules, so I'm not sure if these all came from the recent update or after the last test, but obviously something went wrong.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

I'll take a look, thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I cleaned it up a lot - you may need to rebuild your schedule once to reset the terms that have been removed! The issue arose for a good reason - there was a huge increase in the number of people reporting terms, including many newer users. While more advanced users took care in selecting the words, not enough checking was enabled on my end for those who did not check as carefully in what they were adding.

4 years ago
Report Content
gdartfow
Level: 1463
Is there any way to automatically remove them from the schedule if I'd already studied several or do I need to do it manually (and if so, how do I know which ones)?
I've tried removing all JLPT lessons from the schedule and re-adding them, but and are still there...
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

That should do the trick. Try this for me - after you remove them and save it - add &rebuild=1 to the end of the url on the schedule summary page, and see if that helps. If it does not, please let me know.

4 years ago
Report Content
gdartfow
Still there. It's schedule 9843, if you want to play around with it. I'm done studying it for today.
4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1144

I mean, some of the stuff I mentioned was fixed, but a bunch of bad terms are still in the lessons the schedules are built from. For example, い is still in the updated JLPT 5 lesson 10. So, obviously the schedules will still have those terms, even if they were updated.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sometime when my current job ends (end of March), and before I make it back to the US (thanks to the visa taking forever), I really need to go through the lists and give them a serious look to get them up to speed.

I'll fix い right now! @gdartfow, I'll get to this soon. Truth be told, this is not a jlpt list issue, this is an issue with the way that the site handles it when you "save" a list. It makes a copy of the list when you save it (privately) to protect against lists being deleted or altered due to mischief, and while it used to have a way to call back to the original list to pull in updates, that was removed some time ago. I need to bring it back into place since the JLPT lists are modified often (although most lists aren't.). When I get time, most likely this weekend, (this week has been really bad), I'll manually handle it for your specific lists.

4 years ago
Report Content
gdartfow
I manually removed all the recent terms and tried to re-add them and rebuild the schedule, but now they're all gone. Is there any way I can get them back?
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry I haven't gotten around to this - trying to play catchup.

Which "recent" terms are you referring to?

4 years ago
Report Content
gdartfow
That's OK. It's only a small number of terms, so it isn't urgent.
Originally, 138 terms were added to the JLPT lists (before you removed some), of which I studied 46. I manually removed those 46 from the schedule and then tried to re-add all the JLPT lists again, in the hopes it'll bring back only those still there. It didn't work as expected. 😞
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana