Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [ANDROID] Can't install APK - App not installed error

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

htatsuha
Level: 1147

As requested, I'm posting this here in case anyone else has had this issue. I was able to download the APK, but when I tried to install it, I got the message "App not installed," even though I had set "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources" to ON under the security settings. I've found various reasons listed online for what can cause this error, but so far none of the troubleshooting suggestions I've found have solved the problem.

Phone: Kyocera DuraForce Pro

If anyone has any ideas for why it isn't working, I'd love to hear them!
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Haven't yet figured out anything in regards to this, but I did just upload a new version, so try it out please!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

I was able to install it this time! :)
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

...ok! I have no idea why, but that's good news.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

I dunno either *shrugs*. I tried restarting my phone and updating all my apps to the latest versions, but that didn't do anything. The only thing I changed before this time was I gave Play Services messages permissions to fix an unrelated issue.

4 years ago
Report Content

I had this issue just now. I had to uninstall the app completely before I was able to reinstall otherwise I had this error. Hope that helps.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I do know why it happened this time - the apk went from a signed apk to an unsigned one (there was a login issue with the signed one, and I can handle that issue later), and so it needed to be removed first.

Thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana