Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Schedule merging / schedule to lesson

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Mayonade
Level: 1

Hi there!

I'm not sure if there is already a way to do this, but would it be possible to add a way to merge schedules (adding all individually added terms and any selected lessons from one schedule to another)? Alternatively, an option to turn a schedule (or at least the terms individually added to it over time) into a lesson could be equally effective and make it easy to un-merge again if necessary.

Edit: My bad, just discovered the merge function. Would still like to hear thoughts on creating lessons from schedules though!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

Right now, no plans to do schedule -> lesson ..too much else to do. Sorry!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Also - sorry you had issues with the lesson making. Looking into the errors now!

4 years ago
Report Content
Mayonade

Thanks! Honestly the main reason I wanted to be able to do schedule->lesson was because the lesson creator couldn't handle lots of individual terms like the schedule creator could.
I've basically created my 'lessons' as schedules for now and plan to add them to my main one by merging over time so all is well as far as I'm concerned. It's a jerry-rigged solution but should do the trick - I do feel it's a bit of a shame since they could have been helpful to others as lessons though.
4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1241

What you can do though is export all terms of your (merged) schedule as Basic (No English), create a new lesson, and paste what you exported into the box for entering terms and search for them. From there it is the usual approach like how you add individual terms to schedules, i.e. any unique finds can be added with a single click and any instances where there is more than one possibility of what you searched you will need to manually decide which of the options is to be included.

To export all terms, navigate to your schedule and click on the number besides terms. On the page that opened, click on Export and then select "Basic (No English)" from the drop down.

EDIT: Screenshot of the "terms" number I meant above:

ugsswquzchsvhsq57apxuwhud.png

I at least used this approach to create extra lessons/schedules) out of vocab lists I was struggling with (i.e. were at a low mastery level even though the schedule itself was quite mature otherwise) a while back and would assume/hope that this is still working the same way.

4 years ago
Report Content
Mayonade

Thanks, this was the same approach I was trying to create the lessons (though the vocab source was external rather than an export). The problem came when I tried to save the lesson and it threw up an error, whereas doing the exact same thing to create a schedule had no issues (apart from taking forever but thats what I get for adding thousands at a time). Hopefully マイコー gets to the bottom of it from the error logs!
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Basically, I'm pretty sure the page had too much data on it that it was sending to the server (most of it unneeded), so part of it got cut off.

I'll be pushing up a patch later tonight!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana