Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [ANDROID] Got logged out during a quiz

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

htatsuha
Level: 1147

I was doing my grammar schedule and was redoing a question I got wrong the first time. When I went to select the answer, I got redirected to the login screen. Not sure if I managed to select the answer and that's what redirected me, or if it happened spontaneously right before that.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

...not quite sure what would cause that to happen - if it was an actual log out, the session somehow timed out, or something else. Let me know if you notice it again!

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Got redirected to the login screen again, this time after I switched to another app and back within a few minutes. However, it doesn't appear I was actually logged out, as clicking the login button took me directly to my dashboard without me having to enter my login info.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Which login screen - the one from the website, or the one in the app (kao logo + email/google buttons)?

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

The second one. I also just had it happen again when I opened the app this morning. It opened on the login screen, but clicking email took me right to my dashboard.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Interesting. There's only one way to get to that panel, and that's if the login token has been wiped away - unless you're clearing your data/cache, that should not be happening.

If it continues after this newest app update, please try and tease out the error and see if you can notice a repeatable pattern.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Still happening after update. Not sure of the pattern for why it does it when the app is already open, but there is a definite pattern where it does it whenever I open the app for the first time each day; opening the app starts me from the login screen, though I never have to actually input anything. This never happened before one of the last few updates. Also, I'm not sure if it's related, but the last time I had to actually log in, I didn't check the box for stay logged in.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

When you do have to log in, do you see a visible checkbox for remaining logged in? It's supposed to be hidden for the app.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Well I just checked, and it's not there now, and I don't think it was there after I first got the app, but I'm pretty sure it was there either the first time I got this bug, or one of the times I had to log in again after downloading one of the recent updates.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Send you a private msg with a test apk.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

I wasn't logged out today, but every time I opened the app or switched to it after leaving it idle for a while, I was redirected to a loading screen while it checked for updates, which took a while (might be a side effect of the app update to avoid needing to keep downloading apks)
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'm still learning about the best way to save the state of what is going on inside the app - will have another update in a few days! Thanks for the continual followups.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Question: did the "Updating" thing take a long time, or the "Loading"?

If the app is idle long enough or android decides to wipe it clean, it's going to have to come from a relatively blank slate so to speak. I'm not sure it'll be prudent to reload the exact state that it was left in, but I'm wondering: if you use it, then say, don't use it for a few hours and return. (or go to sleep and wake up). Would you expect it to be on the same page you left it, or jump back to the dashboard?

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

It was the checking for updates part, there weren't any but it took 10-20 seconds for the app to check before it would go to the dashboard.

Well, it would be nice if it would remember what page I was on, if it's possible, even if it has to be reloaded. My other apps can do that. The closest thing I've seen to this behavior elsewhere is Firefox having to reload the page I was on after being idle, but it still remembers what page I had open.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Got redirected to the login page when I tried to open the schedules menu after coming back to the app after leaving it idle for about an hour. This time I actually had to log in. There was no toast message.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

...No toast message? Hmm...

Also - with the update, it will toast every time until you update. This is just for alpha, because I really want the few of you testing to be on the newest version. Naturally, that'll be dropped when it switches to beta through the Play Store.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana