Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Vocab dictionary wildcard glitchs

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

htatsuha
Level: 1147

I've noticed several bugs when making wildcard searches in the vocab dictionary.
1. Searching * returns results including the term .
2. Results for か* have several problems. Only four pages of results are returned, even though there are way more terms starting with か, and all the terms returned are long words or jukugo, no common words are returned. This is probably causing the other issues with this search term, where no results are returned when using certain filter combinations, like Noun and Studied Before.

*Edit* 3. I've had some other issues which are not consistent. At one point, searching for a certain compound with a wildcard after it returned no results even though there are lots of containing it; unfortunately, I deleted my note saying which it was. Then today, I searched *, and instead of just returning the results it should have, it returned only the result for とも, then below it there was a giant section titled "The following terms match either the Japanese or the English, but not both.", and it looked like it was listing the entire dictionary because it said page 1 of two thousand something.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Ok, so the first one is fixed.

As to the other two...

2/3. This is a limitation in the way that the dictionary searching was built - if the number of results goes past about 1000, it gets a little wonky. To be honest, it is much slower than it should be, and needs a full rebuilding to truly be able to sort and filter the way you'd expect. Unfortunately, that's quite a lot of work, so these edge cases will have to remain for now.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana