Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Report shiritori word message change

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

htatsuha
Level: 1144

I believe that previously, when mousing over the button to report a shiritori word, the message included that a word could be reported if no other words could be played off of it, but that text is no longer there. Can we still report words for this? I've been doing kanji shiritori and found several words that cannot be played off of at all.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

It was removed because the site does its own checking now. Custom words are not allowed, so it checks against the dictionary (custom words were less than 10% of total ones submitted, so I decided to ax them). Can you give me a few examples of ones that are "locked"?

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Well, the only one I can find right now is in the most recent round of kanji shiritori. The last played word is , which cannot be played off of because there are no beginning with any of the last three kanji. I believe the other ones I found were in older games, ones with restrictions like 2/3/4 character terms only, where the only that would work had already been played. I'll see if I can find the others later.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

Ah! I don't think the checker restricts against word lengths as per the rules of the round.

1. I'll remove the last term on that one manually.

2. I'll adjust the word checker as I described, and upload it (but it'll only go to beta, so there is a chance of this happening again before beta is released).

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana