Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - "Usually written in kana“ and alternate kanji

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

espiacent
Level: 759

Hey, I just thought that it would be great if the dictionary also would show (as found in Jisho.org etc.) if some term is usually written in kana alone. The other thing is alternate kanji versions. Those are already displayed but only in the direct search, not if you find a reading in the related readings/words of a specific kanji.

Edit: Btw: „Show kanji for common hiragana terms“ is turned off.

4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1241

Just wondering, isn't the "rarely written as" that appears at the end of the definition in the dictionary what you are looking for? (i.e. term will be in hiragana/katakana only in the dictionary, but has this "rarely written as" addition showing the Kanjis this term could be written with)

3475a6afux3k5we2josi2f8oj.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

It is! As for the related terms, not yet, as you noted.

I don't have time now, but I want to expand out the dictionary to give more complete views for vocab/kanji when "expanded" by the user. So much to do this year!

4 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
Level: 759

Ah, true, it already exists; I just now was thinking about two terms I saw that day that hadn't that information. I think and る for example. But anyhow, the main request here is the related terms thing.

Yap, I guess the site is really keeping you busy. Even more with me around and my special needs I guess. ;)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

For every person who takes the time to make a comment of any kind, they are helping an untold number of people who don't comment, but share the same feelings and/or experience the same problems. :)

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana