Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - How can I add more books?

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

RidexGod
Level: 1
I thought I added Genki 1 and 2 when I signed up but it only came up with intermediate japanese. However, I would like to practice genki 1 and 2 and I'm not so confident with them. Is there a way to add them?
4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1267

There is :) Below instruction assumes you want to create a completely new schedule including Genki 1 and 2, but the very last instruction below indicates how to not create a new schedule but add onto an existing schedule. As I have renshuu set-up on Japanese I am not 100% certain if all the pieces are called this way in English - adding screenshots to illustrate what is to be clicked

Go to Learn/Study -> Study Library/Center

jrnsxdgynjx7e5sgjyucmczwb.png

Here click on Schedules (last/lowest button on left side when on the Study Library page)

2k4tmm36is58sv73cyqqnivov.png

And here on the "Create a New Schedule" button in the top right and afterwards on Vocab or Kanji (depending on which you want)

Enter the name of the schedule (like "Genki") and create it.

7kxcxabosx33ypurrp30tn4q8.png

On the newly opening page, click on "Add study materials" and then search for "Genki". Which results in multiple entries for kanji vocab, lesson vocab etc.

fe28djez8kw8xhi4crfdjk08y.png

You can now either add them all in one go by clicking the "schedule all" button, or expand them ("view lessons") and then add individual lessons to this schedule. Press the "Save changes" button when you are done.

Congratulations, you have created a new schedule and added Genki materials to it! :)

essv4c07e5uzehgy3mnfem4rc.png

If you want to add more lessons you can just click on the "adjust +/-" right besides the term count which brings you back to the screen where you searched for lessons to include into your schedule.

The schedule itself can be further modified under settings on the left to determine what kind of vectors you want to cover with this schedule (e.g. "Kanji->Meaning", "Meaning->Kana", etc.). When clicking on the small cog besides the "Start" or "Learn New Terms" button [which is shown depends on if you have unreviewed/unlearned terms left at this time], you can further adjust what kind of questions are asked (flash cards, multiple choice or entering via keyboard directly, etc.).

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

By the way, SirEdgar is using the in development Japanese version of the site, so yours will have English in place of all that :)

If what you want is in the initial startup, you can go to Help > Getting Started one more time and choose those textbooks. However, what SirEdgar described is a more powerful/customizable way to go about it.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana