Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Extra term after finishing kanji schedule

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

htatsuha
Level: 1147

For the past several days, every time I finish studying my kanji schedule 14170, it always shows one term left to study. Flushing gets rid of it, until the next day when I'm done studying and it happens again.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 260

Hmm - How many terms do you have to study each day, on average?

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

I've taken some time off studying recently, so I'm not sure what it would be now, but when I posted this my quizzes were around 25-35 questions per day.
4 years ago
Report Content
petrvs
Level: 606

I believe this is what @htatsuha is referring to. After completing a schedule there's always one kanji left, no matter the number of questions. If that's not the case, then I beg your pardon @htatsuha.

0qub2nps42dhrvxgcfebscbqk.png
4 years ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 873

I've been experiencing the same thing on and off with one of my schedules for several weeks, but only one of them ("Extra Kanji"). It doesn't matter if the schedule is completed by quizzing it or quizzing the same kanji from a different schedule, the count shows "(1)" remaining term which cannot be quizzed. Because the site's viewing the schedule as constantly incomplete, I can't get a gold trophy on the schedule for meeting my daily study goal.

Mysteriously, on the schedule's main page it shows where the extra term should be in my bar graph. But when I click on the mastery number, the extra term is missing from the list of terms at that level. (i.e. in this situation there are only 8 terms in the lvl 4 mastery list, not 8 plus the 1 that's ready to study; previously I've had the leftover term be the only term for its mastery level in the graph, and clicking on the number just gives me an empty list)

5fj2zbnvtqq6hg6n4se0dtybf.png
4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

@petrvs is correct, that's the problem I've been having. And just like @gillianfaith, it only happens to a specific kanji schedule. The other two schedules I study regularly don't have this problem. In my case, there is a difference in terms per day between the schedule with the problem and the other ones. When I'm caught up and studying everyday, the effected schedule has about 25-35 questions to study per day, while the other ones are more like 5-20 per day. The effected schedule also has the most terms toal of all my kanji schedules, since it has all the Joyo kanji.
4 years ago
Report Content
gillianfaith

My case is the opposite, the affected schedule has the least amount of kanji of my 3 kanji schedules. I'm not sure the problem's related to the number of kanji in the schedule, because this has been a continuous problem with the schedule even after adding new terms to study.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I have an idea, but it's going to take some digging. In the meanwhile, if you can throw at me the schedule_id numbers (should be in the site's address when you are sitting on the summary page) for all that are affected, it'll help speed things up. It's most likely a 5 digit number, like what htatsuha put in the initial post. Additionally, let me know the frequency with that schedule: is it periodic, or consistently each day?

4 years ago
Report Content
petrvs
Level: 606

Seeing it on sched_id=110144. It's consistent, showing up each day.

4 years ago
Report Content
gillianfaith

Mine is schedule 79158. There were a couple times in the past month where it seemed to have fixed itself, but otherwise the extra term has been there every day.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll be around for the next few days, so in addition, do let me know if it reaches the 1 term again - I'll jump in and take a look at it.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana