Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Slow loading gives up the game

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Mayonade
Level: 1
Something I've been noticing intermittently for a while now, thought it would be a pain to track down and isn't common enough to worry about but I'm in a particularly bug-reporting mood today.

Here's the deal: sometimes, I assume only on a slow connection like the one at my local library, a multiple-choice question will pop up during review and for a half-second three of the four answer buttons displayed will be blank, with the other (filled in) one being the correct answer. The other options pop up near-immediately, but by that point the correct answer's already been spoiled so the purpose of the question is defeated.
I think people working with the option that makes you press a button to display options probably won't have seen this, but I'm all about maximizing throughput so I've seen it a few times. I'd estimate it only shows up every few thousand questions so really not that often.

Anybody else seen this or am I crazy?
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

Wait ...that is crazy. So, let me confirm: you have the answer choices visible from the get go, so there is no click/touch needed to reveal the answers. Then, all four buttons appear, but only one has text in it, and that is always the correct answer?

4 years ago
Report Content
Mayonade
Level: 1

Yep, pretty much. It's possible that this is just my perception of the thing - one idea would be that it can happen to display any one option first, but only sticks in my mind when that option is also the right one since I can then pick it without even looking at the other options once they appear. I'll keep my eye out to see if it happens for incorrect options too, but as I say this only lasts a split-second once every couple thousand questions so will be very hard to catch.

If it does turn out that the option it happens to is random I suppose we'll be able to declare it a non-bug so here's hoping...

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

I can say with 100% certainty that it is not choosing the correct answer each time because the code that gets sent to the browser has no awareness of what is right or not right. This was done a long time ago so there was no way to peek at the html and figure out which is correct. So if it is seems to be the correct one each time, it might just be extreme coincidence.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana