Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - I'm not sure about this grammar question?

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Noneuclidery
Level: 95

I got this question wrong.
nxzxgiag53t4ecbowvj72knf5.png

Given that both answers include の, I feel like this question isn't testing me on what it thinks it is? As I was answering, I checked that both に and で can mean "in", so it felt like a complete guess as to which it would accept. Of course, I might be doing something wrong, given I'm still pretty new at this, but either way, two of the answers seemed like they were testing something other than の.

Thinking about it, it does make sense that grammar is complicated and sometimes you gotta' test multiple things at once. I guess I'm just a bit annoyed that this is marked against this particular piece of grammar that I feel I know pretty well.

Not totally sure if this is a question or not. Just felt like something I should bring up?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

Different questions have different difficulty levels - while most of them focus on the single piece of the grammar, not all do. If you mark the sentence down with the arrow, it should not appear again.

As to the grammar, に and で have, among others, one very big difference. に is used to show a place of existence, that is, the verbs いる and ある. で is used to show the place of an action.

Hope this helps!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana