Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Multiple choice options based on new terms

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

DianaVS
Level: 20

Hello,

I have my schedules set up as multiple choice answers, 50 terms per quiz, 10 new terms per quiz. Currently, when I get a question for one of the new terms, a lot of the times the wrong choices are totally unrelated words or lower level words, which gives away the correct one.

This mainly happens when the learning vector is (whatever) -> meaning, for example:

• nine
  • desk
  • environmental problem
  • yesterday

Even if I wasn't sure about the meaning, by process of elimination it is clear which one is the correct one.

Also, even if sometimes the incorrect choices aren't that obvious, I can remember that I was taught "environmental problem" on this quiz, and not any of the others, so that must be the correct answer.

I have "Hide multiple-choice answers" activated to think about the answer beforehand, and I also know that in this case, if I really didn't know the answer without looking at the options, I should be honest with myself and pick "I don't know", but if I had to think harder to pick the correct option, I would also exercise my memory a bit more :)

I would like to suggest to draw the wrong options from the new terms in this quiz, or even from the "weakest" terms in the schedule, so it becomes harder to discard wrong choices. An even more difficult option would be to pick the wrong terms from words with a similar meaning, but I understand this would be hard to implement.

-----

A second suggestion, which is partially related, would be to include in the missed terms round the option we chose that turned out to be wrong. If I am not sure about two options, and I pick the wrong one, and then in the second round the wrong one is gone and only the right one remains, then it is also giving away the correct answer.

Would it be possible to keep the wrong choice we picked + the correct one + 2 new ones in the missed terms round? I think this does happen sometimes in kanji -> reading vectors, but not so often in kanji -> meaning.

Thanks a lot!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Very interesting suggestions - let me think on them a bit! I can probably get something added into the current beta, maybe later this month. There are a few issues to contend with, but I'll consider the best way to improve this.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana