Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - pitch accent markers

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Karlla
Level: 892
Pitch accent is an important (and often difficult) part of the Japanese pronunciation. Since the site is still lacking audio files, and even where they exist it is sometimes difficult to catch the minor differences, would it be possible to add pitch accent markers (numbers) to the vocab? This is especially interesting for longer terms and phases. Also, if you ever find the time to record and add audio files, would you consider including a particle after nouns? After all, the difference between and can only be understood from the next mora, as I successfully demonstrated to my hubby last night.

note: As far as I know only some J-J-dicts use such markers, so you'd be the first J-E-dict to have those. I have no clue where to get those markers, though.

Thanks

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 260

I love the idea.

I'm currently in a feature freeze - anything that isn't on my little list of things to do is not getting added, otherwise this beta is never going to end :(. I'm tying this beta to the beta release of the app in the Play store, so I need to get moving on that.

We'd love to get more sounds added, it's just a matter of time. The shelter-at-home orders are making it harder to have a quiet place to do recording due to kids not being able to get out.

If we can find legally-available pitch information, I'd love to do this. I do not want to start it unless we can find some database of information, otherwise it's going to take too much work to get started ourselves. (I already want to expand the grammar library out to allow for other language meanings - it is painfully English-only when compared to the vocab/kanji data).

Maybe we can find something sooner than later!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

I'm glad you like the idea.

But you're right, I'd welcome an end to the beta. My poor Kao-chan is stuck at almost 2200% and wants to grow a little more. ^-^

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana